• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

24: Jack is back for season 5

Jan. 12, 2006

24 8PM Sunday Fox
    By Barry Garron for The Hollywood Reporter

Bottom line:
    A heart-pounding, mesmerizing adventure unlike anything else up or down the dial.

Whether you've ever watched "24" during its previous four seasons, this would be a particularly good time to tune in. The fifth-season premiere, a four-hour, two-night affair, is a heart-pounding, mesmerizing adventure unlike anything else up or down the dial.

What's it about? Don't ask. Seriously, don't ask because I can't tell. Fox, probably in defiance of the Geneva Convention, sent the first four hours of "24" to critics along with a note requesting they not reveal what happens, even in the first 10 minutes of the first hour. Particularly in the first 10 minutes. It's like telling Leslie Moonves not to boast or Bill O'Reilly to stick to the facts. All I can say is that legendary CTU agent Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland), presumed by all but a few to be dead, is called into action once more as a result of terrible and unexpected events. See? I told you I couldn't say anything.

Sutherland has never been better. He is joined in the fifth season by Jean Smart, Sean Astin, Julian Sands and many returning cast members. Suffice it to say that this brilliant creation of Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran will only enhance its reputation as the most reliable and involving thriller in TV history.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 24: Jack is back for season 5

I can't wait for this. It's gonna be totally awesome!!!

• done

Really looking forward to it. We watched the 10 minute preview/bridge thing on the season 4 DVD, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays into things.

• Circle of Ancients

Okay, I can't believe nobody is talking about this.

Up until last nights episode this season was just kind of average.

But HOLY CRAP if last nights epidode(s) weren't the best 2 hours of 24 (or any show) EVER.

If they don't get an emmy just from last nights episode then there will be hell to pay.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I started a 24 thread at the beginning of the season but obviously it got lost in the clutter. We were talking about last night's episode at work today. OMG! OMG! OMG! We were all totally freaking. We all felt so bad for Edgar. Will be intersting to see how the hell they get out of that.

And did anyone recognize the guy with Kim? PONYBOY!

• Circle of Ancients

^ I saw his name in the credits but I didn't recognize him. But your right. He hasn't aged too well IMO.

I had tears in my eyes when Edgar died. It wasn't that I was a big Edgar fan or anything, but Chloe's reaction was what got me.

It wasn't that I was a big Edgar fan or anything, but Chloe's reaction was what got me.
    Yeah my co-workers and I all felt the same way.

But of course when they said "Kim Bauer just arrived," I went "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" in my best Darth Vader voice. LOL!

• Sea Creature

Chloe is so awesome! She absolutely cracks me up. I wouldn't ever act that way but she is very amusing. To see her get emotionally thrown like that after all of her arrogance was very touching. When I heard Audrey say "oh no" or something like, and then when I first saw Edgar, I was screaming "NOOOO!" It's not that I'm an Edgar fan, it was just sad, he went to check on that girl. I also didn't want her to die either, I was hoping she could turn into a major character. I don't mind Kim too much. She's gorgeous! Although her plot lines are ridiculously soap opera.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

A Double Loss

On ''24,'' when CTU headquarters comes under nerve-gas attack,
    the beloved Edgar dies, and the not-so-beloved Kim returns
    by Ken Tucker
    Entertainment Weekly

HI, C! Kim introduced Jack to her new boyfriend,
    played by C. Thomas Howell

Let's start at the end: Edgar is dead. Or as I probably should write, given the inventiveness of 24: Edgar is dead (?). Although Fox probably decided to run two episodes back to back because of some programming traffic jam (I don't watch American Idol anymore, but I'm sure that gleaming load of crap had something to do with it), the two hours (5 to 7 p.m. in 24 time) flowed beautifully and really maintained suspense while introducing a lot of new developments. Foremost among these was Edgar's collapse from exposure to the nerve gas leaked into CTU headquarters, witnessed by a horrified Chloe, as well as by Jack Bauer and others, in a sealed-off room in CTU headquarters. If Edgar is really gone, he went out a hero. (In the first hour, he was the one who figured out that the terrorists' ''schematics'' matched those of the hospital where the nerve gas was heading.) And here's to Louis Lombardi, who played the socially awkward, polite techie with ever-increasing subtlety.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/comment...3_3_0_,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    A Double Loss

On ''24,'' when CTU headquarters comes under nerve-gas attack,
    the beloved Edgar dies, and the not-so-beloved Kim returns
    by Ken Tucker
    Entertainment Weekly

HI, C! Kim introduced Jack to her new boyfriend,
    played by C. Thomas Howell
    Oh, snap! i saw his name in the credits, but I didn't recognize him until you just now posted this pic
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

I don't mind Kim too much. She's gorgeous! Although her plot lines are ridiculously soap opera.
    Girlfriend has issues. That cougar should've ate her in season 2.

Yes I'm mean.

• done

I started to tear up when Tony found out about Michelle and collapsed. I was outright crying when I realized that they were going to kill off Edgar. And they didn't kill him off in furthering the story per se. I figured since he went to find out where that lady went, he'd end up finding the cannister. But nope, he's just a casualty. The look on Chloe's face was what made it all the worst.

I hate this damn show. And I keep watching and watching because they will do exactly this sort of thing. It was bad enough watching day players collapse from the nerve gas. But Edgar. That was killer.

High body count this week, including Lynn's sister and her boyfriend.

I'm also noticing all the familiar actors that are on this season. Lynn is played by Sean Astin, big bad guy is played by Julian Sands, Henderson is played by Peter Weller, Miriam Henderson is played by JoBeth Williams, Kim's new boyfriend/doctor is played by C. Thomas Howell, the VP is played by a guy who's name I don't remember, but he was on "Twin Peaks".

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I'm also noticing all the familiar actors that are on this season. Lynn is played by Sean Astin, big bad guy is played by Julian Sands, Henderson is played by Peter Weller, Miriam Henderson is played by JoBeth Williams, Kim's new boyfriend/doctor is played by C. Thomas Howell, the VP is played by a guy who's name I don't remember, but he was on "Twin Peaks".
    It's 80's star nostalgia week on 24!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    It's 80's star nostalgia week on 24!

But I love it! I've had a crush on Sean Astin since I saw him in The Goonies liek 20 years ago! He needs to get on the treadmill these days but he's still adorable!

• Circle of Ancients

Another unbelievable episode last night.

Jack FINALLY lost it, which honestly was great to see.

I'm torn about the death of Samwise. I was just starting to like his character.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast