• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

SJP goes to the Slammer

Todd Graff Helming Parker in Slammer
    Source: Variety
    January 13, 2006

Revolution Studios has set Todd Graff to direct Slammer, a dark comedy that will star Sarah Jessica Parker, says Variety. The film will shoot this fall in New York.

Parker plays a pushy publicist who lands in jail. At Sing Sing, she produces an inmate musical. Marc Shaiman will write the prison play's tunes.

Graff replaces Adam Shankman, who is now directing and choreographing the movie version of the hit stage musical Hairspray for New Line.

Sara Goodman wrote the script, based on a story by Tim Metcalfe and John Slotnick.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• My Children's Father

Re: SJP goes to the Slammer

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Todd Graff Helming Parker in Slammer
    Source: Variety
    January 13, 2006

Graff replaces Adam Shankman, who is now directing and choreographing the movie version of the hit stage musical Hairspray for New Line.

Sorry to derail, but do we need another movie based on a play based on a movie? C'mon people, let's try to show a little creativity, will ya?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"