• Look to the stars!!!

Talking Dancing With the Stars - Season 2

Does anyone watch this show? I really enjoy it but what is really ticking me off right now, is that Master P (P. Miller) is still in the competition. From what I've seen he's very flat footed and has no grace or flair for this type of dancing. I can't believe Tatum O'Neil got the boot instead of him last night. What are people thinking when they vote?

I guess to some it's a popularity contest but the votes should be based on the performance for that night and by far Tatum was not as bad as he was. My favourites to watch are Drew Lachey, Stacy Keibler and Giselle Fernandez who I believe will be strong contenders for the title of champion.

I watched Season 1 and was hooked. It was great to see the stars improve with each show especially Kelly Monaco. I know there was that big controversy about John O'Hurley being robbed of the title but I think the right person won it the first time in my humble opinion.

I would love to see who else shares my fascination for this show.
    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 2

I heard that Kenny Mayne (shameless Disney cross-promotion from ESPN) didn't do so well and that Jerry Rice was okay. Is that true?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

I have absolutely no desire to see one of my all time favorite football players (Jerry Rice) be reduced to this. I'm sure he will do great since he's so athletic ... but come on Jerry ... you really think this is going to help dispell all of those gay rumors???

• For old time sake

I watched it for the first time last night and could not believe that Master P. did not get the boot. He was awful!!!!!! In all honesty I think they kept him in for the shock factor. Because they knew people like us would talk about it and say "OMG can you believe they still have him on" They do the same thing on American Idol.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Winter in Oceanside...

The show does lose a lot of credibility by keeping P Miller. I'm glad at least one of the judges is not afraid to give him a pretty hard time. This is ballroom dancing not a rap performance. You don't see the wrestler chick do any wrestling moves or wear her wrestling shoes! He either needs to be fully involved or not bother at all. JMHO.

• Look to the stars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I heard that Kenny Mayne (shameless Disney cross-promotion from ESPN) didn't do so well and that Jerry Rice was okay. Is that true?
    You heard right, Kenny did get the boot the first night but it looked obvious it was either him or Master P. I think I would have rather seen Master P go. Kenny was quite entertaining and I would love to see what he would have done the second night.

Jerry Rice is doing well for an athlete. At least it's not painful to watch him. I'm glad there are others out there who watch this show.
    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I don't like Master P's attitude. The beauty of taking on something new is you grow and learn as a person. He is being very stand offish and gives me the impression that he really doesn't want to be there.

On the other hand Tatum O'neil gave me the impression that she wanted people to vote for her out of pity. *imitates* "I know I'm bad, I know I should really work on that, I was horrible." Give me a break

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I cant believe Master P is still there.......simple reason He CANT dance ! other than that he seems very disrespectul towards his partner and the judges. I give it one more week if he is still there after that I will most likely loose interest in the show

• far, far away from DL

I thought George Hamilton did very well considering his knees. Master P needs to go. He was Horrible! I think it's going to come down to Drew and Stacy. Both are great. They have to keep up the good work.

Sabrina

• Oh bother!

Master P.'s dancing was awful, but what is worse is his utter lack of respct for his partner Ashly. I cannot believe that he threw her gift of ballroom shoes on the floor.

I think some of the people with natural fan bases will stick around longer (i.e. soaps, wrestling, boy bands, football etc.) as they are really "getting out the vote." It makes it harder on those who don't - like Giselle Fernandez whom I think is superb.

I hope Lisa goes next. After P. Miller that is!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• See you there!

I used to like to watch, because I like ballroom dancing. Well, I do not believe DWTS is ballroom dancing. Competive, performance dance.

As for P. Miller, the writting is on the wall, the fix is in, he is going to win the whole thing. He should have gotten the boot first show, or at least the second, but now it should be obvious, DWTS is not a competition, it is a just a drama, or sit-com with a reality show theme.

What the show needs is less performance and more ballroom dance and much, much less P. Miller!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Mexihick, y'all

I was fascinated with it last year, but this year the cast is just BAD. I never missed a show last year, now I stopped watching after the first show.