Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: American Idol: Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Next year Goonie, next year.......
    Too old. That was my one shot. I decided to take a risk with my song, and it didn't pay off. Them's the breaks.

...But at least I wasn't one of the "bad" ones.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Too old. That was my one shot. I decided to take a risk with my song, and it didn't pay off. Them's the breaks.

...But at least I wasn't one of the "bad" ones.
    so did you get to the judging with the trio? i remember a co-workers friend auditioning at the rose bowl two years ago, and he said it was just infront of a couple random people. he made it through there, but not the second round.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    I am SO looking forward to this season of American Idol! Crooner boy was adorable, and I liked the girl who's a dental hyenist/girl band singer...but WTF was up with barefoot dude that got the ticket to hollywood?! He acts like a friggin' ape! When these people get to "go to hollywood", do they have to pay their way there, or does the Fox network pick up the tab?! OH! and another thing, did anyone else notice at the end of the show, when they were recapping who had made it and showed all of the terrible versions of "Lada Marmalade," that lady in the green top with a white jacket, feather hat boy, prom dress girl, and oompa-loompa tan girl were all shown singing? white jacket girl had a knit beanie on, prom dress girl had a shawl on, and oompa-loompa tan girl was wearing an entirely different outfit, but the orage skin and racoon eye makeup gave her away. WTF?!
    MissyCissy, how did I miss your post???

Yeah, crooner was adorable. Dental hygenist girl is surely going to go far. Barefoot dude was a quota fill at best. Any more than that then it's just BS.

NO MORE LADY MARMALADE!!!! Fake-Bake chick was creeeeeepy! Ew.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Happy Memories

I hate this part of the show. I believe there are two types of AI viewers. Those who enjoy the bad auditions and those who enjoy the talented singers. I'm the latter type. I think what bugs me most is knowing that they could easily fill the quota with actual talent but they put the wackos on for ratings.

One bizarre note about who's getting through. I'm not sure what they told you Goonie, but my other friend who audtioned was told that he was too rock and they wanted something more R&B (which he can also do easily, it was all about his song choice). Yet, there seemed to be other "rock" types that made it through to the judges?? What's up with that?! I could be rooting for someone I actually know right now! Not to mention the fact that we made a plan when we were teens that I would sing back up for him when he was a famous pop vocalist, so it's my career also that was shut down. (hehehe)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I hate this part of the show. I believe there are two types of AI viewers. Those who enjoy the bad auditions and those who enjoy the talented singers. I'm the latter type. I think what bugs me most is knowing that they could easily fill the quota with actual talent but they put the wackos on for ratings.

One bizarre note about who's getting through. I'm not sure what they told you Goonie, but my other friend who audtioned was told that he was too rock and they wanted something more R&B (which he can also do easily, it was all about his song choice). Yet, there seemed to be other "rock" types that made it through to the judges?? What's up with that?! I could be rooting for someone I actually know right now! Not to mention the fact that we made a plan when we were teens that I would sing back up for him when he was a famous pop vocalist, so it's my career also that was shut down. (hehehe)
    I'm a third type who honestly enjoys both, as long as it's not someone who obviously has a developmental issue. I mean...that Hung dude...even though he has been pounded into the ground and now more than ever is one of the most annoying things on the planet....when he FIRST auditioned...that was pretty dang funny. And yet, there are moments that are amazing each year...Bo's a cappella thing...Fantasia's Summertime...you know...stuff like that there. Scooter Girl last year! She was freaky looking, but she was GOOD!!! I really enjoy the good, the bad, AND the ugly. But it CAN get annoying at times.

OK...about the judges: Is anyone else wondering what these people are doing there besides trying to come up with witty banter for ratings? NONE of them is articulate enough to tell these kids what is WRONG with their performance!

SIMON: That was an abomination. You look like a wasp, aunty, etc.

PAULA: Cute outfit.

RANDY: Word up, dog. That was the bomb.

I mean....really. How about "Your tone is too nasal" or "You need a bit more support on the top of the phrase because the pitch is dropping" or "Your vibrato is too wide"....something along those lines? It seems like it would be more HELPFUL to these contestants rather than trying to keep coming up with one liners to tell them that they suck!

And as far as witty banter goes....it's kind of hurting this year, isn't it? It seems that the trio is running out of material. Haven't we heard the same comments now for....four years?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

All I know is did anyone else notice Paula kept reaching under the table towards Simon? I guess I'm the only overly observant weirdo. Whenever Simon would start running his mouth she would do it.

I like the farmer sisters, I think they have really good voices. I was glad to see another crooner this year. Not sure why "chicken boy" got through but hey if this doesn't work out he can always join the circus and talk to animals!

I'm looking forward to tonight myself. I like both the talented and the bad, but I don't think they should let the untalented ones go on for so long. Like that sheriff who sang the same chorus over and over and over and over....that's not entertainment to me, that's just stupid.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm the first kind. I LOVE this part of the show, stop watching once it gets down to 12 since the style of music isn't really me.

I think the only season I watched all the way through was Clay vs. Ruben since neither of them annoyed me ... at the time.

I think I might have enjoyed last years though with Bo.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh, I loved both the Crooners. Esp. the one who was singing in the car... My roommate and I both had a moment with him right then

Simon seemed really harsh. He'd call people horrible when they were ok, and some of the worst ones he wouldn't say anything about. I guess he always does that but ugh.

Tonight is Denver! I squeed when I saw the Flatirons!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I can see some of the Idol clips appearing on E! Networks "The Soup" on Friday night. I can't wait to see how Joel will make fun of the contestants.

You can bet he will make fun of the girl with the tan! Or that guy who jumped around like a monkey at the end of the show! Or the guy who dressed like an ugly Pippy Long Stockings!.

• My cuties!

Oh! I love The Soup!! Should be a great episode this week with all the AI stuff!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

*repeating NNL's circle dance*
    ONE MINUTE!!! YAY!!!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Well, the 16 year old girl from Anaheim was very good. Even Simon gave her compliments!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I agree. Anaheim girl was adorable and had an amazing voice. I also loved that rocker guy who had an AMAZING smile and I just wanted to pinch the cheeks of the cowboy who sings to a turkey....but.....cosmic coasters?!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    I just wanted to pinch the cheeks of the cowboy who sings to a turkey
    Cowboy guy was adorable! But what about the girl/guy at the end?! Bizarre.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I hate this part of the show. I believe there are two types of AI viewers. Those who enjoy the bad auditions and those who enjoy the talented singers.
    Nopers. I watch the whoooooooole thing, start to finish.

And I'm not even embarrassed about it.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast