Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: American Idol: Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Last night was certainly better than Tuesday’s auditions. I’m picking Chris (the rocker dude) to be this year’s contestant to watch. His wife was very sweet and I tend to favor the singers with more to them than purple eye shadow or a stupid outfit. Even though it’s all about talent, a decent back story helps a lot.

I was a bit surprised with the turkey serenading cowpoke. I would have assumed that Simon would cut him down, but instead he seemed to show a genuine interest in the kid, asking him about lessons and such. That paused me a second. I hope he does get some help before Hollywood and controls his nerves. I’d like to hear his voice free of nerves and doubt.

I couldn’t stop laughing about the “brainy” nerd and his magnet, er, I mean Cosmic Coaster. Wow Einstein, that’s just brilliant. Two stereo magnets facing each other to levitate. Never seen that one before. And I loved his testimonial. “I don’t like to brag about my intelligence.” Ummm... then here’s a thought. Don’t.

I won’t even comment on Table Cloth Boy.

The freaky kid at the end was just ridiculous. Thinks it’s funny when people think he’s a girl my @$$. Sure kid, and watch me dress up in yellow feathers, a beak and orange legs and wonder why people think I’m Big Bird. He knew what he was doing, or at least trying to do, and he got the attention he craved. I lost all respect (or what little I had) for him when he broke out with the “they’re just prejudiced and racist” crap. Uh huh. I hear ya bro. Cause it’s all about The Man keeping the white man down. We just can’t get no love.

Dork.
    Man, I just love you!
    My thoughts (almost) exactly!
    Freaky kid WANTED that attention, and set it up that way- along with the song? Come ON!

Your post just cracked me up-

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Scooter Girl is back this year????? Wasn't she on last season too. Simon hated her! I think she auditioned in San Francisco.

My bad. I was referring to last year and I thought of her as an example of a weird person who could sing VERY well.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    I think the cowboy rocker hottie will make the Top Ten. Only because he has such a great story.
    This is a different cowboy than that little kid with the weird voice who sings to Turkeys and did cartwheels when he made it through...right?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Anaheim girl was great!
    That cowboy was just sweet! How thrilling this must all be!
    Ace was just beautiful! *siiiiigh*
    The 25 yo rocker dude was pretty good... I totally cried when he made it through!

I love how Denver pulls in all the freaks, even if they're not from there. (or, you know, if they came from as far away as DENVER like that one guy did ) It's that kinda place.

(and last year some of us were really voting for John the Crooner, sometimes )
    OK...not to ruin the magic, but....all of these cameos that they shoot of the farmer girls, rocker dude, et al....we only see these because they want us to have a connection with them further down the line. When little cowboy and barefoot freak get the ax the first day of the next round, they want us to feel some pain. (I'm feeling pain NOW trying to figure out HOW they were put through at the expense of the other gifted singers in that ocean of 30,000 voices.)

So....any cameo and we know the person is will get put through...right? If they take the camera out to the farm, we can rest assured we will see them in Hollywood.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Idol Grrrs-
    Besides all of the horrible singers who are at least entertaining, I am also jaded enough to find even the most touching moments Grrrable.
    For instance, on Tuesday night, two people broke down in tears after they made it through to the Hollywood round.
    The first set came from Kelly Pickler, a cute blonde whose father is "in and out of jail." Pickler had me right up until she said "I can't wait to ... write ... to my father," making pen on paper movements with her hand.

not sure why that lost him

When single mother of three Kendra Winston emerged with her golden ticket, she completely ignored the three children "Idol" producers made a showing of before she auditioned, and then flat-out told them she's leaving them for Hollywood.
    None of the kids said a word or even looked happy for mom, who according to the show, has lived in 42 foster homes in North Carolina.
    Link

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Neph
    When single mother of three Kendra Winston emerged with her golden ticket, she completely ignored the three children "Idol" producers made a showing of before she auditioned, and then flat-out told them she's leaving them for Hollywood.
    None of the kids said a word or even looked happy for mom, who according to the show, has lived in 42 foster homes in North Carolina.
    Wow- I missed that. I heard her story bt missed her audition. That would have really put me off!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I noticed that about her kids to, I feel really bad for them, she obviously wanted nothing to do with them and if it were me that would be the first person (people) that I would be hugging, not my girlfriends.

I really liked that girl with the music teacher for a mother, dark hair, she cried when they told her she'd be going. I thought she was fantastic.

I also liked the opera singer but I agree that the show just wasn't for her.

The girl with pigtails I think will do well as long as she can conquer her nerves.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

OK....first off....the whole Simon vs. the other two thing is just plain silly and transparent. Simon walks off in a huff. um.....sure. The only question is how the producers talked him into making a fool of himself in front of an international audience.

And Simon has been WAY too nice this year. At times, he seems almost aplologetic to say no. He's supposed to be MEAN!

Dummy man SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH!! That kid could SING! AND instead, the put through at least SEVEN people after him that were average at best! The bald headed dude on Wednesday and the girl who sang the Anita Baker song....there is no consistency with these people!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    ...there is no consistency with these people!
    I agree.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Dummy man?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Dummy man?
    Yeah, the weird guy with the ventriloquist dummy. That's really all I remember about him, I think he had an OK voice. I agree with Simon there... I can't believe I just said that..

• e komo mai

Can I just say, that I don't get AI at all...? Why's it so popular?

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I really liked that girl with the music teacher for a mother, dark hair, she cried when they told her she'd be going. I thought she was fantastic.
    I thought she had a decent voice, but she did that wobbly thing on every note and I found it annoying. If she stops doing that (did her mother teach her that crap?!) she'll be good. Stage moms like that frighten me though, and I didn't understand the emotion. Was she crying happy tears because getting through meant stage mommy wasn't going to punish her later or something?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Can I just say, that I don't get AI at all...? Why's it so popular?
    My theory? Its because we like to believe the little guy can make it and this show, as staged as it probably is, gives us that hope. You always want to pull for the little guy and they marketed that, pure genius.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I thought she had a decent voice, but she did that wobbly thing on every note and I found it annoying. If she stops doing that (did her mother teach her that crap?!) she'll be good. Stage moms like that frighten me though, and I didn't understand the emotion. Was she crying happy tears because getting through meant stage mommy wasn't going to punish her later or something?
    Hmm I didn't get that. I just figured she's an emotion type of person. I would be bawling if I made it. LOL

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    My theory? Its because we like to believe the little guy can make it and this show, as staged as it probably is, gives us that hope. You always want to pull for the little guy and they marketed that, pure genius.
    No arguments there. However, it does seem to be very mean-spirited...

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast