Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176 ... LastLast

• That one girl.

Re: American Idol: Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Did anyone notice that they had the wrong number up for Taylor last night? During the recap, they had his number part of the time as 5706 then it switched to 5711. They changed the dial in numbers too, but I don't know those off the top of my head. I threw him a few extra votes, just in case.
    Each contestant had 2 phone numbers. Just to give voters more chances to get their votes in.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• That one girl.

Okay, so I'm not a big Katherine fan normally, but I thought she did pretty good tonight. I don't know what the judges were listening to.

Elliot, aww my Elliot. I still love the guy.

Kellie, Kellie, Kellie. Get rid of her now America!!!!!!! She hurts my eyes, my ears, and my brain.

Paris. I'm not a big Paris fan either. She was just okay tonight. I wasn't blown away at all. At one point during her song, I forgot what song she was singing.

Taylor, I just can't NOT like the guy. He is what music needs right now.

Chris. He has a really good "Brian Adams song" voice. He's got that husky sound. He was okay tonight, but I wasn't in love with it.

I actually voted tonight. I didn't vote all last season or this season up until now. I voted for Taylor and Elliot. It's not time for them to go tonight. I want to fight against Kellie as much as I can. I was getting busy signals for half an hour before I got through on both lines. Each time I got through, it made me want to vote more because it seemed too easy to get through so early. haha. I just don't want them to go!
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontbecheekin
    Each contestant had 2 phone numbers. Just to give voters more chances to get their votes in.
    Thanks! I was worried that there was going to be another voting fiasco.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• My cuties!

Taylor - Not the best tune, but did an ok job. He may still win this thing! On a different note, is it just me, or is he beginning to look like George Clooney?
    Yes!! I've always thought he resembled Clooney but last night he REALLY looked like him!

I'm not a fan of Katharine and was surprised the judges didn't like her; I didn't think it was that bad.

This link has a funny review of last night's show (warning, crude language): http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/04/...h-her-kat.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Classic love songs coached by Andrea Bocelli.

Coached by Andrea Bocelli? Maybe that's what was supposed to happen, but it was David Foster doing most of the coaching and critiqueing. For most of the time, Andrea just sat there, making like one statement to each contestant. Now, either David has a really big ego and was on a power trip, or it was the purpose of having David Foster there for the coaching, and Andrea was there to just draw the audience in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    We have to rise up against the evil that is Votefortheworst.com. Vote for everyone EXCEPT Kellie!

Spread the word!
    I was under the impression that votefortheworst.com was setup to get the worst people OFF the show? Well, they're doing it to get people to vote for people they don't like, at least from what I've seen. Last season, they didn't like Carrie, and they were trying to get people to vote her off the show. At least this time around, the one they don't like, ACTUALLY doesn't have any talent.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix
    I was under the impression that votefortheworst.com was setup to get the worst people OFF the show? Well, they're doing it to get people to vote for people they don't like, at least from what I've seen. Last season, they didn't like Carrie, and they were trying to get people to vote her off the show. At least this time around, the one they don't like, ACTUALLY doesn't have any talent.
    Their thing is they want to see how far they can get the worst singer to go in the competition. Not to vote off the worst. Unfortunately its probably why Pickler has been hanging around so much. LOL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    I enjoyed tonight. Not as much as last week, but still good all the same.

Katherine, as I stated earlier, was (I felt) superb. And not just from a pin-up standpoint either. I thought she nailed her song and finally made a connection through the TV. She always sings well, but I always find her rather robotic, which she wasnít tonight. Of course, I may simply be blinded by her Victoriaís Secret creative ad-placement, but still, I think she soared.

Elliot was also superb. Perfect song, perfectly done, and one of his best gigs yet. Iím very impressed by how far Elliot has come since this all began, and while I donít see him going all the way to the final night, it wouldnít surprise me if he did. He has certainly earned it.

Kelly. Ick. Bad bad bad bad bad. Hell, forget bad. She was awful. Painful. FEMA should be mobilizing to respond to this disaster. And that bit about not having a boyfriend? Give us a break! Weíve seen your callgirl-ad prom pic babe, and we know the truth. Oh yes, we know. Please America, spare us this grief. Let Kelly go!

Paris was okay. Memories is one of my all time least favorite songs. I guess she sang it relatively well; it just didnít work for me. Bottom three.

Taylor Iím mixed on. There were moments of brilliance that spoke to me, but they were surrounded by ho-hum stretches. I still adore the man and his singing, so perhaps Randy was correct about it just not being the right song for him. Sadly, bottom three.

Chris. What can one say which hasnít been said too many times before? Fantastic performance tonight. There are a lot of great vocalists in this competition, and Chris is at the top, but more than anyone he knows how to compete. Always perfect song choices, and perfect strategy. Plus, if you can sing well enough to make a Bryan Adams song enjoyable then you are a master, and Chris truly is. He, more than anyone else, deserves to win this but whether he does or not is unimportant; heíll undoubtedly be Idolís biggest post-competition success.

And, once again, I have to mention that Idolís biggest drawback is not sub-par performances or nauseating artist-new-release pitching, but the babbling, incoherent mess that is Paula Abdul. What the hell is up with her? Crying? I canít decide if Elliot actually moved her that much, or if she accidentally dropped and broke her bong during his performance and she was just trying to cover. I wonder how long it will be before they have her sitting in a high chair wearing a bib, drooling all over and saying, ďYabba dabba do! I like you! Idol bidol fo fidol, banana nana fo fidol, me my mo midol! Idol! Supah-star!!!Ē

For the second week in a row, Idol OPENED and CLOSED with this years two finalists. These two both have REAL talent and can really take it all. Why Chris was in the bottom 3 last week, was because people are voting for Kelly because of looks, and are not voting enough because they think that the ones that they want to stay are going to be safe, so they vote for who they can.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again this week. People who get tired of being denied by a busy signal, will eventually lose the desire to vote, and once they get through, they vote for the wrong person. People vote for who they can, thinking that the ones that were really good will be safe because everyone else is voting for them. YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG PEOPLE!!! NO ONE ON THIS SHOW IS SAFE!!!! As I said last week, you need to vote like you are the only person voting, vote as many times as you can, and MAKE YOUR VOTES COUNT!!!! Only then will people who have talent like Katherine and Chris stay out of the bottom 3, and people who hack every song like Kelly and Howdy Doody actually be voted off the show.

• Happy Memories

I think you're not understanding them. Their purpose is to undermine the overall competition by keeping a no-talent hack like Kelly on the show, while better singers get sent home. It's like vandalism basically the way I see it. It's the whole show they are against, so they do what they can to ruin it.

Seems to me, if you don't like something, change the bloody channel and watch something you do like. But I suppose that would be the mature way to live.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Yep, unfortunately my boyfriend is one of those people. However, fortunately he doesn't vote, so it doesn't matter. LOL

I turned to him last night and went, "Ok, cover your eyes, stop looking at her boobs and tell me that she still sounds good...ok!?"

I was like "Dammit, the damn microphone stand is in the way!!!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dontbecheekin

Kellie, Kellie, Kellie. Get rid of her now America!!!!!!! She hurts my eyes, my ears, and my brain.
    I have to agree. Her "Kelly" moments are getting contageous. I swear, I think I had one last night.

Was watching the news last night long after the show, and there was some report about someone being in jail for a number of charges and one of them was raqueteering. <not sure if I spelled that right or not> But I was like "Why would someone be in jail for playing tennis?"

Then my girlfriend had a "Cher moment", slapped me, and said "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    Yes!! I've always thought he resembled Clooney but last night he REALLY looked like him!
    Naw, I think he looks a lil more like Eric Bischoff from WCW/WWE wrestling. It's the grey hair.

• love my friends

Kellie Has To Go

Friends for life

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    Kellie Has To Go
    Kelly, what park is that in the picture? Looks familiar.

• love my friends

Kelly, what park is that in the picture? Looks familiar.
    it is polly wog park in manhatten beach I think or redondo.. love it there

Friends for life