And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

American Idol: Season 5

There are 30 minutes left in the season premier of AI season IV. So far......this is almost embarrassing but not really 'cuz we all have our vices.....it looks to be a most entertaining year.

Why oh why am I not 17?? HOT little boys this year. Mmm MM!!!

P.S. Daughterfer is in love with little mister dimples the crooner. Grrrrrr!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: American Idol is Back!!!

So what did everyone think?

Why, oh why did Paula and Randy let that wacked out, bare foot skinny dude thru? He was irritating even when we fast forwarded over him.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Great first episode.

That tanned 16 year old was the best/worst. When they brought her mother in you could see why she looked like that. It was great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: American Idol: Season 5

It's just plain sad how they let some of them twist in the breeze. I mean...how do they not know that there are TWO ways of singing in front of the trio. Either you're amazing, or you're painful. It seems like most painful people would be able to do the math. And don't you wonder how good the other 20,000 were who never saw a television camera?

The crooner kid was o.k., but he's gonna get whupped in Hollywood. The first set of twins smoked. I don't think the farmer girls will go too far.

And that freaky dude at the end...that might be good for ratings, but if they make that guy sing with a group, the rest of that group better be exempt because the ONLY reason they put him through was because he was on drugs. Not very wise, but hey....as long as it's good for ratings.

And there should be a policy that special ed people should not be let through to be made fun of in front of the entire country. I'm not saying that's what happened tonight, but I KNOW it's happened several times in other shows. Not funny IMO.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I am SO looking forward to this season of American Idol! Crooner boy was adorable, and I liked the girl who's a dental hyenist/girl band singer...but WTF was up with barefoot dude that got the ticket to hollywood?! He acts like a friggin' ape! When these people get to "go to hollywood", do they have to pay their way there, or does the Fox network pick up the tab?! OH! and another thing, did anyone else notice at the end of the show, when they were recapping who had made it and showed all of the terrible versions of "Lada Marmalade," that lady in the green top with a white jacket, feather hat boy, prom dress girl, and oompa-loompa tan girl were all shown singing? white jacket girl had a knit beanie on, prom dress girl had a shawl on, and oompa-loompa tan girl was wearing an entirely different outfit, but the orage skin and racoon eye makeup gave her away. WTF?!

• My cuties!

Tan girl was definitely the best of the worst! The other funny part was when Paula asked that one guy who was there with his grandma "What makes you different?" and Simon about choked!
    Last edited by twinmom; 01-17-2006 at 11:39 PM.

• insufferable know-it-all

There were plenty of people at the audition who knew which category of "being put through" they were going for, if you know what I mean. Sadly, or perhaps luckily, I didn't land in either category myself.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

It was fun to watch, but sad all the same. I haven’t seen any real talent since season three, and from the looks of things so far this year won’t be any different. Russian Stripper Girl... er, I mean Professional Performer caught my eye, but for... ahem... “different reasons.” Wouldn’t have minded seeing some more of that one...

Anyhow, hopefully Denver has some talent to put up tomorrow. Here’s hopin’!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    It's just plain sad how they let some of them twist in the breeze. I mean...how do they not know that there are TWO ways of singing in front of the trio. Either you're amazing, or you're painful. It seems like most painful people would be able to do the math. And don't you wonder how good the other 20,000 were who never saw a television camera?
    SO true. WHY cant they hear it when the rest of the world can?? It's either a case of being REALLY tone-deaf or REALLY stupid. Mostly option "b" I'm guessing...

The crooner kid was o.k., but he's gonna get whupped in Hollywood. The first set of twins smoked. I don't think the farmer girls will go too far.
    I'll go on record as saying yes and yes, yes and let's see what happens, and no; I disagree. The farm girls were amazing. I hope to see and hear many months of them.

Quote Originally Posted by localdysnyfan
    And that freaky dude at the end...that might be good for ratings, but if they make that guy sing with a group, the rest of that group better be exempt because the ONLY reason they put him through was because he was on drugs. Not very wise, but hey....as long as it's good for ratings.
    Agreed again. Paula is too wishy-washy to be a believable judge. Ratings decision all the way. Freak!

And there should be a policy that special ed people should not be let through to be made fun of in front of the entire country. I'm not saying that's what happened tonight, but I KNOW it's happened several times in other shows. Not funny IMO.
    Word.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    It was fun to watch, but sad all the same. I haven’t seen any real talent since season three, and from the looks of things so far this year won’t be any different. Russian Stripper Girl... er, I mean Professional Performer caught my eye, but for... ahem... “different reasons.” Wouldn’t have minded seeing some more of that one...

Anyhow, hopefully Denver has some talent to put up tomorrow. Here’s hopin’!
    Gawd Jazzman, WHY have we not gone to a "juice bar" yet???? We SO have the same tastes in .....ahem....."entertainment". Yeah, I was saying she was a helluva dancer but notsomuch a singer. So sad to see how disappointed she was. Made me want to console her. Heh heh heh....

OOpsy!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    There were plenty of people at the audition who knew which category of "being put through" they were going for, if you know what I mean. Sadly, or perhaps luckily, I didn't land in either category myself.
    Next year Goonie, next year.......

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

oompa loompa tan girl was getting on my nerves...apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

and russian girl...swanky moves, but eek.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    Gawd Jazzman, WHY have we not gone to a "juice bar" yet???? We SO have the same tastes in .....ahem....."entertainment". Yeah, I was saying she was a helluva dancer but notsomuch a singer. So sad to see how disappointed she was. Made me want to console her. Heh heh heh....

OOpsy!
    Juice Bar? Heck, I live in the city with the most Strip Clubs per capita in the U.S. Here you could admire the stylings of a hundred different “Pole Based Entertainment Engineers” and never even glimpse a cup of juice.

Ummm.... unless you didn’t mean juice, exactly...

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Juice Bar? Heck, I live in the city with the most Strip Clubs per capita in the U.S. Here you could admire the stylings of a hundred different “Pole Based Entertainment Engineers” and never even glimpse a cup of juice.

Ummm.... unless you didn’t mean juice, exactly...
    Road trip!

Yeah, that's what they call them here. WHATever. Company Christmas party:......Bachelor party, etc., ......it's all good.

Page 1 of 82 1234112651 ... LastLast