Thread: Kelly Clarkston

• My cuties!

Kelly Clarkston

What do you think of this? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182054,00.html

Seems like someone is forgeting their roots!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Kelly Clarkston

Eh, why would they want to anyway???

But yeah, that kind of sucks that she would do that.

• Original Mice-Chatter

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Being an artist myself if i was to win an idol compation id try and break free from it kellys amazeing and soo talented i think its a bit of a miss understanding of sorts becuse i heard since you been gone in the preveiw for tuesdays show
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticBoy
    Being an artist myself if i was to win an idol compation id try and break free from it kellys amazeing and soo talented i think its a bit of a miss understanding of sorts becuse i heard since you been gone in the preveiw for tuesdays show
    ummm...I have no idea what you are saying...

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    ummm...I have no idea what you are saying...
    Let me take a crack at it-
    As an artist myself, if I was to win American Idol, I would try to break free from it myself.

Kelly's amazing and so talented, and it might be a misunderstanding because I know I heard someone singing "Since U Been Gone" in the previews.

(which is true- because someone sung it in their audition- but I think Kelly was saying no to them using the shows in the official competition, not the auditions)

Cheers

• Reaver of Souls

Personally, I'd be hesitant to use a previous contestant/winner's music as either an audition or competition piece. Why give the impression that you're trying to follow/emulate them? And some might see it as cocky, using a previous winner's song. I'd avoid it myself.

As for Simon Cowell, he's a pompous a$$, and who really cares what he says? I accept criticism from people who can actually do what they are telling me to do, and no one else. What does he know? Squat. He is the main reason I don't watch that show, he annoys me so much. My new saying - "Those who can't do, judge."
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• CM for 4 years!

I think it would be inappropriate to use one of Kelly's song because I think more than any other artist's songs, it would lend itself to comparison too much! I think she should allow it. If some stupid contestant tries to pull it off, they won't do well.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Minion

Just a bit of background info on Simon Cowell:

1. 20 years of record industry experience
    2. Executive with Sony BMG Records (#2 Record company in the world)
    3. His acts/signs have produced more than 100 million albums
    4. Over 50 #1 records
    5. His most recent discovery is the pop-opera quartet Il Divo, whose debut album has sold over 5 million copies around the world and has entered into the top 5 in 23 countries.
    6. Net worth 1.3 billion dollars
    It's fair to say, Simon knows a lot about what he's talking about. Don't get caught up in the whole "well can he sing" issue, it's really irrelevant. Most of the best songs, best music, and best artists are written and found by those who do not sing. For comparison sake, to say that Simon doesn't know what he's talking about because he doesn't sing would be akin to saying that Walt Disney didn't know what he was talking about in reference to attractions, since he himself was not an engineer...

• Rock Star Minion

Simon is the only one who is consistently honest with the contestants/auditioners. Never tries to spin the old, "I like the way you tried for that high note...," or "I like the way you look when you sing...," crap. It's one thing to screw up notes while recording, or if your voice needs some engineering enhancement. But whoever wins these contests, singing live, is going to be among the best available talent that audition. And the reputation of the show is on the line if the wrong person gets chosen. Simon provides factual information to the voters who, on average, don't know what they're doing when it comes to judging talent.

And, some of these auditioners have been duped by family and friends to think they can sing. Time to send those deceptive dreams packing.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Simon is the only one who is consistently honest with the contestants/auditioners. Never tries to spin the old, "I like the way you tried for that high note...," or "I like the way you look when you sing...," crap. It's one thing to screw up notes while recording, or if your voice needs some engineering enhancement. But whoever wins these contests, singing live, is going to be among the best available talent that audition. And the reputation of the show is on the line if the wrong person gets chosen. Simon provides factual information to the voters who, on average, don't know what they're doing when it comes to judging talent.

And, some of these auditioners have been duped by family and friends to think they can sing. Time to send those deceptive dreams packing.
    Amen. Does the average public really think Music Execs are as nice as Paula?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Amen. Does the average public really think Music Execs are as nice as Paula?
    Or as "talented" (snicker)?

I'll give that she is a great dancer and choreographer of cheerleaders.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Or as "talented" (snicker)?

I'll give that she is a great dancer and choreographer of cheerleaders.
    And she's very sweet in person. Shorter than you think, though, from seeing her on TV.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    And she's very sweet in person. Shorter than you think, though, from seeing her on TV.
    How short do I think she is?

• Screenwriter for NLF

I think it was a misunderstanding. I don't think she has forgotten here roots. I think she is trying to prove she is a lot more than some pop singer that won American Idol. She is trying to be a real singer. Let's be honest, all the other winners have disappeared. Be honest. Yes, they are still floating around, but none of them have been as successful as Kelly.

And I've read Kelly knows she will always be known for winning AI and she has no problem about it. What I think is she has a problem with Simon, as do a lot of people. Any truth that she fired Simon cause he didn't take her career past AI? Now with out him look at her new music. Smash hits.

PS. Whoever is her designer is great, she's been looking hot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.newlineagefilms.com