1977 "Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World" - where can I find?

A couple of years ago, I caught a rerun on the Disney Channel of "The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World". Dated 1977, this TV special showcased the "new" Mickey Mouse Club kids (early debut of Lisa Whelchel, who became "Blair" on the Facts of Life")

What I remember most was all of the film footage from Walt Disney World from the late 1970s, the resorts, River Country, etc. It was GREAT nostalgia. The way DW used to be (in my mind, as I grew up in the 1970s)

Anyone know if Disney ever released this episode on video/DVD? Can it LEGALLY be obtained somehow? ANYONE know if the Disney Channel will reshow this episode?

Here's the link to the IMDB file on the special:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285749/

Thanks for your help!!

Re: 1977 "Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World" - where can I find?

We can only hope The Disney Channel will regain it's sanity sometime in the near future and not specifically cater to the 8-18 demographic. If Vault Disney ever returns, I wouldn't be surprised if this program made its way into semiregular rotation again. The program is probably too dated and hokey to have a proper DVD release anytime soon. It's a shame, too. I thought it was funny and unique, especially the songs...

Quote Originally Posted by chris2fett
    A couple of years ago, I caught a rerun on the Disney Channel of "The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World". Dated 1977, this TV special showcased the "new" Mickey Mouse Club kids (early debut of Lisa Whelchel, who became "Blair" on the Facts of Life")

What I remember most was all of the film footage from Walt Disney World from the late 1970s, the resorts, River Country, etc. It was GREAT nostalgia. The way DW used to be (in my mind, as I grew up in the 1970s)

Anyone know if Disney ever released this episode on video/DVD? Can it LEGALLY be obtained somehow? ANYONE know if the Disney Channel will reshow this episode?

Here's the link to the IMDB file on the special:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285749/

Thanks for your help!!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

They have a whole site! They have reunions! and weird fans who still follow their lives.......oh well.... google them. a Few have passed on though 2 AIDS, 1 Suicide....very sad to find that out....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

http://www.newmickeymouseclub.com/ scary 70's stuff.... be warmed.....lol
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LOL! I remember watching this when I was a kid. I also remember thinking Todd was cute and I had a pair of Mickey ears on a blue hat just like his. I had the record album too... I remember rocking out to their version of Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World".

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    We can only hope The Disney Channel will regain it's sanity sometime in the near future and not specifically cater to the 8-18 demographic. If Vault Disney ever returns, I wouldn't be surprised if this program made its way into semiregular rotation again. The program is probably too dated and hokey to have a proper DVD release anytime soon. It's a shame, too. I thought it was funny and unique, especially the songs...
    I'm pretty sure I saw "Pettycoat Junction" on DVD. If something as dated and hokey as that show is on DVD, than *anything* can be released on DVD.