• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

P.E.T.A. Hates Neverland

I found this quite funny. Last night I was watching the news and on the bottom of the screen a short memo scrolled across saying in this exact wording "PETA believes animals were neglected at Neverland".

That darn Peter! He needs to start taking care of the lost boys rather than leaving them behind

• Looking for Love

Re: P.E.T.A. Hates Neverland

Haha. My step-mom is a long time member of PETA. Shes not a crazy one that protests and all the crazy stuff they do, but she is a vegatarian, and she loves animals and she has subscriptions to PETA magazines and supports them.

As for Neverland....I think Michael Jackson should be sued by Disney for stealing that name!

• Sock Puppet

I think this proves my position on PETA. They exist soley to attract media attention so they can attract donations. They attach their name to anything that happens to be in the media, like Michael Jackson and his ranch.

I support animal rights and respect those who chose to be vegetarians. I do not support, nor do I respect, PETA.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    As for Neverland....I think Michael Jackson should be sued by Disney for stealing that name!
    Actually the guy who wrote Peter Pan.. his family should be the ones that should sue him for using Neverland. He's the one who came up with the name, not Disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Actually the guy who wrote Peter Pan.. his family should be the ones that should sue him for using Neverland. He's the one who came up with the name, not Disney.
    Actually you are wrong.

Neither Disney nor J.M. Berries family own the rights it is a childrens hospital that Berrie visited often during his lifetime that own the rights. I believe he gave the rights to the hospital either before he died or after he died through a deed.

I remember reading about this in several articles a while back that talked about copywrite issues Disney got into because they did not have permission from the childrens hospital to do some Peter Pan related projects.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4631260.stm

.....The book is out on 5 October 2006. Some of the cash raised will go to Great Ormond Street children's hospital. The hospital owns the Peter Pan copyright and royalties, after author JM Barrie left gave them to the hospital in 1929. This means that the hospital has received lots of money from sales of the book since then.
    See^.

• Banned User

i read that the ranch is up for sale, and that the caretakers are suing jackson because they haven't been paid. frankly i hope they buldoze the place and he never steps foot in this country again. of course if he is caught with a child in any of those middleastern countries... I wonder what get cut off???
    I feel sorriest for his children because they will never lead any kind of normal life.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    i read that the ranch is up for sale, and that the caretakers are suing jackson because they haven't been paid. frankly i hope they buldoze the place and he never steps foot in this country again. of course if he is caught with a child in any of those middleastern countries... I wonder what get cut off???
    I feel sorriest for his children because they will never lead any kind of normal life.
    I honestly wonder how much time Jackson even spends with his children. You rarely ever see him with them.

• Minion

Here's a detailed story about one of PETA's early "Witch Hunts" in Las Vegas concerning Bobby Berosini and his performing orangutans:

http://www.pathwai.org/entertainment/Berosini.htm

It was in the news last week that Michael Jackson's veternarian in Santa Maria has filed a lawsuit for not paying his bills for the routine treatment and care he provides the animals on Neverland. $92,000 was quoted.