View Poll Results: What do you think of Disney Channel Original Movies?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate them! They are the devil's spawn!

3 23.08%
  • I'll watch a few minutes if its on.

4 30.77%
  • I'm a closet enthusiast who's seen quite a few... Please don't tell my friends...

6 46.15%
  • I love them! I see them all! I watch them all the time!

0 0%

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Do you Love/Hate Disney Channel Original Movies?

What do you think about Disney Channel Original Movies? Does anyone have any opinions on Disney Channel's release of a new pop cover - arguably the premature birth of another fetal pop star - following Original Movie premeires?

I confess! I'm 22 years old and I think I love them. I know, they can be soo bad... Sometimes they are the only good thing on tv. The titles are terrible, the teens are overly coiffed, but the stories aren't inacccessible. This is an anamoly, especially considering that I can't stand Hillary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, or that wretched mini Lawrence brother.

My favorites are Rip Girls and Motocrossed! I've seen Brink, Smart House, Cadet Kelly, Xenon 1 -3, Johnny Tsunami, ...all WAY too many times. I picked up a terrible Irish accent from Luck of the Irish, everytime I see a can of crushed pineapples, I think of Johnny Tsunami, and I love how the Stepsister from Planet Weird calls that one boy "vapid and shallow."

• Minion

I hate the Disney channel in general and everything else that comes from that bastardized shell of a Disney station...

• mouseketeer007
    Some are good ( I loved motorcrossed) but the new ones are pretty awful.

• Why do you keep talking?

They're like car accident's too me, when channel surfing and I pass by Zenon, I can't help but watch! They're just so dang cheesy that I kinda like them, but they can get annoying fast and I rarely watch it more then once.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Minion

Well, I really do hate earaches and the thought of having salt poured into my eyes doesn't sound too pleasing either. So I guess my answer is no, those movies are horrible.

"The buffalo are going to destroy the town!" - Buffalo Dreams, yet another Disney classic.

lol! Buffalo Dreams is terrible! I agree, the new movies suck...compared to the old ones that is. That's not saying much, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    They're like car accident's too me
    Yup... Thats how they get me.... Every time.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I love Tiger Cruise! and Miracle in Lane 2 and Tru Confessions get me every time. But I have to admit that Buffalo Dreams is pretty bad.

• A Little Rabid

I'm fairly neutral. I will watch them if there's nothing else to see or do.
    I lurk.

• Chernabog Admirer

I don't really like what the Disney Channel has become, I miss the old one.. the only thing I really ever watch on it is only House of Mouse. I've only seen a few DC movies and I wasn't really impressed, the last one I saw was The Thirteenth Year... but even that I watched in bits and peices.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Disney Channel is a disgrace, it shows no Disney history or classic television at all like it did in the 90's.

• I am a Pluto lover

[QUOTE=AdventureLandJaggy]I don't really like what the Disney Channel has become, I miss the old one.. the only thing I really ever watch on it is only House of Mouse. QUOTE]

I totaly agree! and the sad thing here is, House of Mouse is on @ 4 in the morning. I miss seeing the characters and the classic cartoons/movies. Here, Buffalo Dreams was on for what seemed like 2 weeks straight every night! I wish it would go back to how it was.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

I agree, Disney Channel has been on a swift and cheap decline into pop trashdom. No amount of daily DC Original Movies can replace the once-diverse programming of jazzercise, classic cartoons, inside disney park specials, Avonlea, Kids Incorporated, and spotlights on 90s easy listening. Although House of Mouse is pretty refreshing, I must say. If you get Toon Disney, its on all the time.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Chernabog Admirer

I get Toon Disney, and I'm not really very happy that they're even bringing their new cartoons to TD.... while most of the older, better cartoons get a later time slot. Also, I'm not very happy with the 'Jetix' programming that seems to show more on TD as well.

Do I sound too bitter?

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!