View Poll Results: How Would You Rate Steve Jobs As A Disney CEO Prospect?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • May Surpass Walt As A Creative and Profuctive Leader.

1 5.88%
  • Will Come Closer To Filling Walt's Shoes Than Any Other CEO To Date.

8 47.06%
  • Will Demonstrate Exceptional Leadership, And Be Among The Best.

7 41.18%
  • Will Be An Average CEO At Best.

1 5.88%
  • Jobs Sucks.

0 0%

• Iron-Clad Allie

How Would You Rate Steve Jobs As A Possible New Disney CEO?

Hooray! Few things delight me more than news of Disney's eminent of Pixar, with a deal that may be cut as early as Monday. There are three articles regarding the subject ar the top of MiceAge, in case you haven't noticed. Cars will definitely not be the final Disney-Pixar feature film.

I have always prredicted that the two companies would remain together. The two have achieved too much success together in relationship to mivies, theme park rides and shows, as well as merchandise sales. Eisner was the only ogre that was standing in the way, but giants do fall.

Steve Jobs is the walt Disney of today's era of hi-tech and multi-media entertainment. Pixar, Apple Computer, iPod - you've gottta love him. I believe that his Disney shares and his magical skills will place him in the President's seat 0 if he wants it. what do you think.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-21-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: How Would You Rate Steve Jobs As A Possible New Disney CEO?

I've been saying Jobs should take over for a couple years now. Heck yeah.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Queen of Randomness

Re: How Would You Rate Steve Jobs As A Disney CEO Prospect?

One of my professors brought this up in class today and it was the first that I had heard of it. I thought the comparison of Steve Jobs and Walt Disney was interesting.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Minion

After watching a story on those "Google" (BILLIONAIRE) guys tonight ... and their innovative workplace ..... I got to thinking!!!

Googleland

No .. not really ... but their spirit and IMAGINITIVE style ... is the benchmark to true success.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I like Steve Jobs. I like the notion of new thinking being brought to Disney. I like that my stock will go up. I like!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I certainly think that Jobs would breathe some much-needed fresh air into Disney's stale, unimaginative planning of recent years...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

iger has a five year contract so it won't happen any time soon. He will however be entitled to a seat on the board and could possibly become president or even chairman of the board allowing mitchel to resign. I do recall that Job's name was talked about as someone roy felt would be good to run disney.

• See you there!

I think Jobs would do just great! But selfishly, I don't want him to not be CEO of Apple. Apple needs his leadreship to maintain and gain in it's place and for the first time in many years I believe Apple is doing great! Since I like Macs and want to see better Macs (for me) and iPods (for me) and whatever else he and his crew can dream up (for me), I would rather he stayed at Apple, but if he had to move I think Disney would be a great place for him (for my enjoyment). Now I'm not self-centered at all in my wishes on this

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    iger has a five year contract so it won't happen any time soon. He will however be entitled to a seat on the board and could possibly become president or even chairman of the board allowing mitchel to resign. I do recall that Job's name was talked about as someone roy felt would be good to run disney.
    Had it not been for Iger, Jobs might not even be speaking to Disney - let alone cosidering the sale of Pixar. Iger certainly smoothed things over where Eisner created a quagmire of negativity. why should Pixar have cooperated with Disney, when Eisner wanted to continue a contract that denied Pixar any merchandising profits, and the right to generate sequels of their own hits.

The success of Chicken Little also showed Pixar that Disney might be able to break through and become significant once again in today's ever changing world of animation technology. I tip my proverbial hat to Iger. He deseves to be CEO for the next 5 years. If it turns out that Jobs does replace Mitchell as Chairman of the Board, what a dynamic duo Jobs and Iger would make.

In the meantime, here's to looking forward to the day that Steve Jobs will hopefully become CEO. Who knows, things might even work out where Jobs and Matt Ouimet share the thrown one day.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!