• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Oogie vists Pixar and talks to a Pixar employee (Pictures included)

At lunchtime today Oogie decided to go out and check what was going on over at Pixar, but first I had a craving from some chicken so over to KFC I go.

As I pulled into the KFC parking lot here in Emeryville I noticed that the car ahead of me had a Pixar Animation Studios license plate holder on it. As we parked, a lady got out of it and walked in to the restaurant. I followed her in and got in line behind her. Wanting to get information from her, but not trying to sound like a reporter, I asked her 'excuse me, but I couldn't help but notice your license plate holder. Do you work for Pixar?' she replied that she did. I asked if she was part of the computer animation department and she said she was actually in the finance department. I then said 'This must be an exciting time to be working there with the possibly merge with Disney' , and she said 'Its not really. From what we've been hearing there won't be any visible changes. We'll be keeping our jobs and we won't be moving down to Southern California, so we're not really too worried by it.'

I was going to ask her how 'Cars' was coming but before I could ask the counter person called 'next' and she went up to place her order and other than a quick 'Nice talking to you' as she left, that was it.

After picking up my Chicken Strips I proceeded to head over to Pixar to take some pictures and see what was going on. Heres what I got. These pictures were taken right before the official announcement was done.

This is the back entrance into Pixar Studios. Notice the van with the dish on it on the other side of the fence. I counted about 12 various media vehicles there from vans to semi trucks. The fence here is about 10 feet high. Besides the iron gates that surround Pixar, there is also a very dense shrubbery to that you can not see into the building.

This is the back of Pixar. Notice how the shrubs are placed so that there is no way you can look into the building or into the parking lot. As I drove by I tried to see into one of the upper windows to see if anyone was up there, but there was no activity inside that I was able to observe.

This is the side entrance and main walkway into Pixar. To the right of it is a regulation size soccer field, a area with benches and tables, and a walking trail that follows the fence and the berm around the perimeter. Today though as you can see, there was no one visible.

I just had to take a picture of this. This semi was parked on the street that runs up to the main entrance to Pixar Studios. I was suprised by the size of the dish on the NBC truck. Its taller than the power lines.

This was taken from the inside of my car. Take a good look at the sign. I have a feeling its going to be changing soon.

I took a few others of the sign too that I'm not really too happy with.. the Emeryville police were asking people to keep traffic going so I was unable to stop and get a good shot. Once all this dies down I'll try again.

• Senior Minion

Re: Oogie vists Pixar and talks to a Pixar employee (Pictures included)

Wow that's cool. I wonder how long the sign will stay up?
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-25-2006 at 02:13 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Wow that's cool. I wonder how long the sign will stay up?
    Donno but when or if it changes, I'll be posting it.

• e komo mai

Awesome pics!

I'm glad no one's losing their jobs.

• They wanna know, HO!

Hopefully it'll still be called Pixar (or atleast that one animation facility would be called Pixar) because it's so well known.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Former Epcot CM

Officially, WDFA and Pixar will spin-off a new unit while keeping production running at their own - Disney-Pixar Studios.

So now we have, WDFA, Pixar, and the new DP Studios.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I like Cheese...

You all might want to check out Pixar's site and listen to the conference call from yesterday. Very interesting. Of note was a comment that Pixar's name will not be changing...

http://corporate.pixar.com/

• Colorado Bound?

I used to work for Reel.com right across the street from the back side of the Pixar building on Hollis St. Got to see the building go up in 2000. Glad to hear they are staying put.