Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: It's College Basketball time!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    one thing you can almost always count on, Arizona losing! Santa Clara, East Tennessee State, Illinois, Miami (OH), Alabama, Oklahoma x 2, Wisconsin, Duke, Kansas, Seton Hall.

sorry, I take a small bit of joy in the Wildcats almost annual failure
    Anders - I was there at the Pond in 1998 when Utah upset them in the West Regional Final (and the Utes won BIG). I love Rick Majerus...
    I'm no Arizona fan, but I must point out that in that same general era they did beat Kentucky in one of the better championship games of recent memory...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Either Duke or Uconn will take it all this year. And tell me coaching has nothing to do with the fact that these two teams are in the hunt EVERY year! All bets are off on these two teams. Did anyone see the Uconn game last Sunday against Villanova? Holy smokes...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Changing the subject a bit - has anyone else seen "Knight School" on ESPN?

Maybe the show is being crafted to show Bob Knight in a good light. In any event, I'm starting to have a different opinion of him.

I always thought of him as a big and dangerous bully, although I respected the fact that his players seemed to like him and they,(gulp), actually graduated for the most part.

After two episodes, I'm starting to think that maybe Bobby's a pretty good coach/teacher, with methods we might, um, call into question every now and again.

What do you think, especially about the show?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If any of you follow college hoops closely, the Missouri Valley Conference Championship game is supposed to be televised nationally on CBS Sunday at I believe 1:00 Central time. THE MVC is one of the most competitive conferences top to bottom this year(IMO). Hopefully I will be in St. Louis on Sunday to cheer on my SIU Salukis, who are pretty much the Mid-Major powerhouse now that Gonzaga doesn't really get labled Mid-Major anymore.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Anders - I was there at the Pond in 1998 when Utah upset them in the West Regional Final (and the Utes won BIG). I love Rick Majerus...
    I'm no Arizona fan, but I must point out that in that same general era they did beat Kentucky in one of the better championship games of recent memory...
    how could I forget the Utes victory

as for for the 1997 championship. I was at the Final Four that year in Indianapolis. Arizona beat North Carolina surprisingly without too much difficulty in Dean Smith's final game ever in the first semifinal. Kentucky and Minnesota battled it out in the second semi. Minnesota had the deepest team in the tournament that year and just battered Kentucky, but made too many errors and ended up losing to UK. Kentucky was just beat up in the championship game that year following a tough semifinal.

BTW, Minnesota's team had 4 NBA first round picks (Bobby Jackson, John Thomas, Sam Jacobson, Quincy Lewis) in addition Trevor Winter played in the NBA a short time and I know Eric Harris was in the NBDL for awhile. Courtney James would have been an NBA prospect as well, but he had off the court issues.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Another classic rivalry today with Duke and North Carolina. I became a college basketball junkie in the late 1980's watching this rivalry. I think the game that pushed me over the edge was double overtime, and some amazing 3 point shot won the game.

Today, North Carolina really brought it. Amazing. And sadly, J.J. Redick wasn't feeling it today. Duke just lost two in a row going into the big dance. Makes things a bit more interesting, eh?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I've always liked Roy Williams as a coach and was glad to see him get his title a couple of years back. Very impressive win in front of the Cameron Crazies...and how many Disney-owned networks were covering that game? ESPN, 2, Classic - wow!

You still can't take anything for granted as far as Duke is concerned.

And my favorite team, UCLA, won again today -

March Madness is upon us!!!

Bump for what should be an exciting finals of the MVC Tournament today. Red hot Bradley takes on my SIU on CBS at 11:00 Pacific. Check it out!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Did y'all see Syracuse earlier in the week? I wonder if they will pull it off today.

Wake Forest is giving Duke a game. J.J. Reddick has just gone down with a knee problem. Hmmm....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

to those in the so cal region, you missed two great college basketball games Thursday and Friday nights. Thursday night Long Beach State defeated Cal State Fullerton in one of the best games I've seen in person for a while in the quarterfinals of the Big West tournament at the Anaheim Convention Center. Not to be outdone Long Beach State and UC Irvine played another amazing game last night in the semifinals. Long Beach State knocked down a three with zero time left on the clock to win by two points. The Long Beach player was in the corner with a hand in his face and just hit it. LBSU made 17 of 34 3's on the night in an amazing performance. LBSU and Pacific play tonight at 9:00 p.m. at the Anaheim Convention Center also seen live on ESPN.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

GO BEACH!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Sit on "The Beach".

(Counter cheer from my CSUF days, when there was a seemingly more real Long Beach-Fullerton basketball rivalry. Once a Titan, always a 49er-basher, I guess).

And some of us, not me of course - didn't always say, "sit". Those were the days...

Barry

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Beach lost... .

Shaping up to be an incredible NCAA tournament. Syracuse....where did they come from this year? From a bubble to right in the middle of the pack!! Duke almost lost, Uconn lost, UNC lost to Boston....who knows WHAT will happen? For all we know...WINTHROP will walk away with the whole thing!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Anybody just see Duke and BC?

Oh my....

J.J. Redick...unbelieveable.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Beach lost... .

Shaping up to be an incredible NCAA tournament. Syracuse....where did they come from this year? From a bubble to right in the middle of the pack!! Duke almost lost, Uconn lost, UNC lost to Boston....who knows WHAT will happen? For all we know...WINTHROP will walk away with the whole thing!
    I think, as usual, we'll see a certain number of upsets in the first two rounds, and maybe even in the Sweet Sixteen - but when it comes down to the elite Eight, it usually boils down to the power conferences.

That doesn't mean we won't have some great games throughout...just check out last year's regional finals. Three of the four were classics, and the other was close too.

I'd like to think that my favorite team, UCLA, can make it at least to the 16...depends on their draw, of course, and I'm a bit concerned about injuries. Ben Howland's got em back on track, I think. May the fun begin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast