Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• oh bugger

Buh Bye Circle 7 Productions!

Disney To Shutter Sequels Studio
    Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook officially announced Wednesday that the company is shutting down Circle 7 Productions, the unit that was set up to create computer-animated sequels to Pixar's original hit films. The Glendale-based Circle 7 was already well along in the production of Toy Story 3, according to several reports. Pixar Chairman Steve Jobs, who has made his dislike for sequels well known, remarked on Tuesday, "We feel very strongly that if the sequels are going to be made, we want the people who were involved in the original films involved in the sequels."

HOT DOG! Let the good news keep on coming!

• Banned User

Re: Buh Bye Circle 7 Productions!

Thank God. Now here's hoping they shut down DisneyToon Studios and stop making those damn animated sequals.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

The whole story about this can be found in BigPiglettfan's posting in the News section titled 'Deal Ends Quarrel Over Pixar Sequels'. Its a very good read if you are interested in finding out more about this.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

This just in from my resources at Burbank: They say the lot is pretty quiet right now, because everyone is very reserved due to screw-ups with previous acquisitions, so they're waiting to see what happens.

But, the people at DisneyToon are really scared right now. It's a possibility that all sequels might be approaching their demise.

(Although, I really hope people are transferred over to other departments, as I do not advocate anyone losing jobs.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There is an article saying that Lasseter is considering
    reactivating Disney 2-D animated features, that the
    FORMER evil emporer eisner shut down. If that's the
    case, Disney may look at transfering some of the
    ToonDisney Animators to Animated Features.

•   
    • Minion

It looks as if this is a major shift, and so far from what I have read Iger and Staggs are supporting the deal... However, they are going to have to handle the key changes in the OB and culture... In order to carry out what they said they where going to do in the press releases about the merger...

I mean this is a MAJOR OB and Culture change that rewires 20 years of Eisner's "Singles and Doubles" creedo...

If their MBA's are worth anything, it covered this sort of thing... They know what needs to happen... you stop things, you listen to everyone, you free people up to build new teams and begin looking at new creative solutions under new methodology usually going back to your roots for inspiration, you implement it setting personal in a static position again.... Resistance usually gets asked to leave... Text book...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    There is an article saying that Lasseter is considering
    reactivating Disney 2-D animated features, that the
    FORMER evil emporer eisner shut down. If that's the
    case, Disney may look at transfering some of the
    ToonDisney Animators to Animated Features.
    That is interesting, this is classic Steve Jobs "second comming" stuff... It means going back to your roots... Reminding people of the things that made Disney, well Disney... What makes Disney Animation Films better than any other film on the market...

As opposed to making Disney, Pixar... Which I think the studeo needs to do now that it has aquired Pixar...

Surely the Confusious Curse is upon most Disney animators right now... We are living in interesting times...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Disney can coexist with both 2D and cgi. and lassiter and jobs know that. IF they have a great story, ausome music, and cute characters... that is what makes a disney classic. That or a prince and princess in peril. I always thought they should do a rapunzel or rumplestilskin. not the rapunzel unbraided but a classic rapunzel. think of the merchandising they could do. the princess dolls and clothes alone are worth it.

• Having a Grand Day!

I think rather than demolishing DisneyToon, they should retool it back into what it was created for before the name change - Creating High Quality Telivision Animation that is lightyears ahead of the competition.

I'd love to see more Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Chip N Dale and Talespin and less The Buzz on Maggie.

• Banned User

Gummi Bearssss bouncing here and there and everywhere...they are the Gummi Bearrs..they are the GUMMI BEARS!

• Banned User

Gummi Bearssss bouncing here and there and everywhere...they are the Gummi Bearrs..they are the GUMMI BEARS!

• The one, the only...

I like it that the Pixar folks are moving quickly...

We want to prevent Cinderella 1 1/2, the fight between the sisters, Pinocchio 1 1/2 the battle of the termites, and Snow White 1 1/2 the story of the gay dwarfs.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• UH..LIKE DUH..

The atmosphere when Lassiter walked into that building must have akin to " Who's been sleeping with my little Jessie!!!!!"

• Banned User

haha so true!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    But, the people at DisneyToon are really scared right now. It's a possibility that all sequels might be approaching their demise.

(Although, I really hope people are transferred over to other departments, as I do not advocate anyone losing jobs.)
    Most of the people running Disney over the last decade have been so incredibly stupid that it boggles my mind. How difficult is it to realize that the company does not have to produce sequels in order to create video premieres?

Disney should take those damnable things and bury them somewhere where they will offend no more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast