For Super Bowl XL, 'I'm Going to Disney World' Goes X-tra Large On Detroit Skyline

Celebrating 20 Years of an American Catchphrase

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Surprise: Disney is not just making big plans for an "I'm going to Disney World" commercial for Super Bowl XL ... but is also telling the world about it.
"Historically we haven't talked about the commercial ahead of time," said Michael Mendenhall, executive vice president of Global Marketing for Disney Parks and Resorts. "We've had fun with the sense of anticipation and unpredictability -- the guessing game as to whether we were doing a spot. But this time, I can tell you now -- ahead of the Super Bowl -- that we are doing one."
Of course, what Disney is planning is so big that it's impossible to keep it a secret. Disney is adding twists that will treat Detroiters to both a larger-than-life look back at heroes of the National Football League title game and a jumbo-sized sneak peek at the player who will be showcased in the 36th episode of the long-running TV spot.
full article at http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...5012006-1.html