• Diamond In The Rough

New "Friday 13th" Movie Announced!

Horror site Bloody-Disgusting.com reports that New Line have a new Jason Vorhees/Friday 13th movie scheduled for release on Friday 13th Oct 2006. See what they did there?
    (The story originally comes from Variety, but you need a subscription to read it.)

Are you a Friday fan? What would you like to see in Friday XI?
    And can it be done in the 9 months?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• All you need is LOVE

Re: New "Friday 13th" Movie Announced!

Thanks for info I will read about it

• Vehicle rotating backward

Cinematically, it was not a particularly good series to begin with (neither was Nightmare,) and by this period the formulat of seeing a girls boobs for a few minutes before everyone gets killed is quite dull.

Things are just screwed up since the trademarks got moved around. New Line owns the rights to Jason, but not the rights to the name Friday the 13th, which is why they've been using names like "Jason X" and "Jason Goes To Hell" to try and phase out the F13 name. That has about as much success as McDonald's changing their name but keeping the clown.

Not to mention that there's nothing much to explain about Jason's origins that haven't been shown in F13 1-3 and FvsJ.

The monster has always done a good job of freaking me out but it's time for a mercy kill.

• Happy Memories

The problem with a Jason prequel is that we've already been shown so much of his backstory throughou previous installments. What's left to tell?! I'd much prefer they go with the other prequel idea that's been floating around for years and tell Freddy's backstory. But who knows, that could be next considering the current love affair with horror prequels, sequels and remakes.

• Huh?

What's left to tell? Plenty...

Jason's failed trip to White Castle.

Jason's battle against Austin Powers.

Jason's drag show in kindergarten.

Jason's short career on broadway.

Jason vs. Godzilla.

Jason vs. himself.

Jason vs. Andre the Giant

Jason vs. Andy Kaufman

Jason vs. his babysitter

Jason vs. potty training
    -Tim

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Cinematically, it was not a particularly good series to begin with (neither was Nightmare,) and by this period the formulat of seeing a girls boobs for a few minutes before everyone gets killed is quite dull.

Things are just screwed up since the trademarks got moved around. New Line owns the rights to Jason, but not the rights to the name Friday the 13th, which is why they've been using names like "Jason X" and "Jason Goes To Hell" to try and phase out the F13 name. That has about as much success as McDonald's changing their name but keeping the clown.

Not to mention that there's nothing much to explain about Jason's origins that haven't been shown in F13 1-3 and FvsJ.

The monster has always done a good job of freaking me out but it's time for a mercy kill.
    Yes the I dotn know how they are going to get past the trademark issue either unless the do "Jason Begins" - The prequel to the Franchise. There is soem story to tell. Jasons mother, the father. I believe it may be a stretch buyt interesting to watch none the less. I cant wait!

"This guy!"

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Yes the I dont know how they are going to get past the trademark issue either unless the do "Jason Begins" - The prequel to the Franchise. There is some story to tell. Jason's mother, the father. I believe it may be a stretch but interesting to watch none the less. I cant wait!
    I can't wait either - I'm a sucker for all things Vorhees (except maybe Part 5).
    I think the Jason name is more important than the Friday title - I think the title will still have the word "Friday" in it, otherwise why bother with the special release date? ("Jason Begins: The First Friday"?)

As for the story, a lot of Jason history was covered in Jason Goes To Hell and a little in Freddy Vs Jason, but i'd like to see a explaniation for his regenetive powers and super-strenth. (And it can't be any worse than that "dream demons" junk from "Freddy's Dead")

Chi-chi-chi Ha-ha-ha Ki-ki-ki..

• Diamond In The Rough

Or maybe it's this -

(oldie but goodie)