View Poll Results: Which film will take home Best animated Feature Film?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE

8 14.04%
  • TIM BURTON'S CORPSE BRIDE

21 36.84%
  • WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT

28 49.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Oscar Poll - Best Animated feature film

I haven't seen any of them yet but I am a huge Wallace & Gromit fan so I hope they take Oscar home.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    At least now Disney has someone at the head of the Animation Studio that has a record of creating block busters AND has a collection of bronze statuettes...
    Hey, Oscars are gold, not bronze! (gold plated of course)

I forgot that the creators of W&G also made "Chicken Run" which was very well liked.... also before there was an "animated feature" category. Maybe that will work their favor...
    --Jonathan

• I was deleted.

Wait... How many of you have actually seen all three of the films?

Many of you keep saying that it's between Corpse Bride and Wallace & Gromit and yet many of you admit to not seeing Howl's Moving Castle. I am personally not a fan of anime either like many of you have stated. I was advised by a friend who animates to go and see this film because I'm such a huge fan of traditional animation. I watched it with an open mind and I ended up loving it! The first few minutes of the film my eyes were literally in shock to see non-computer animation on a large movie screen again. And from there, it only got better.

If any of you saw Spirited Away, I will agree with you it was a slighty creepy story but Howl is nothing like that. It might have the same spirited idea but the overall film is very enjoyable. There were 10-year-old kids sitting next to us with their family watching the film. If you can say that anime is it's own genre, that's fine... but this film fall into both categories very easily.

Howl's Moving Castle is a better film, by far. Hayao Miyazaki has often been called the Walt Disney of Japan for his storytelling skills and I do agree. He deserves this award. This film deserves it more that Wallace & Gromit or Corpse Bride.

If anything, when this film finally comes out on DVD in March or so rent it and check it out. Even if you don't like anime I highly suggest that you give it a closer look. I did and I fell in love with it.

-------

On another note, I think it is very interesting that a movie like Shark Tale can get nominated but a film like Chicken Little doesn't.

• Where Schemes Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    On another note, I think it is very interesting that a movie like Shark Tale can get nominated but a film like Chicken Little doesn't.
    it's called "The Will Smith Factor"...

-dB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Wait... How many of you have actually seen all three of the films?
    One doesn't have to see all the films to make a guess at which movie will win.
    W&G will win. Simple as that. If it doesn't win, I'll be wrong. (No, not eating hats or singing naked from the top of Spaceship Earth.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Huh?

For the record, I have only seen Corpse Bride of the three. The three that were nomintated are the three animated movies I wanted to see most last year.

I'm a big W&G and Studio Ghibli fan... Corpse Bride, while I liked, did lack a lot.

Meanwhile, judging on what I know W&G to be and Studio Ghibli to be, Howl's Moving Castle is the more likely to win the Oscar. It's more of the kind of film that the Academy usually votes on. I'll be happy whichever wins this time around.
    -Tim

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I kinda have this feeling that it'll go to Howl and though I adored this movie (once I understood it) I would absolutely love to see Corpse Bride win (It'll prob never happen but it'd be cool )

• ...TWO BITS!

W&G all the way. Corpse Bride was okay, not great. And I dislike anime.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Gay Man

100% Howl's Moving Castle

• Earth Intruder

I voted for W&G. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Miyazaki (filmfreak11, you are really missing out by a blanket "I dislike anime!" statement) but W&G was so incredibly fun and creative.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Huh?

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the question in this poll...

It asked which *will* take it home... Not which is your favorite of the three. :/ Thus, why I voted for a movie I haven't seen.
    -Tim

I think it will and should be Wallace & Gromit. They've been succesful in the past and have won the oscar before for best animated short, now they made a feature that is just as entertaining as the shorts were, so my money is on it to win. Also, this is from Aardman who really were the ones who created Claymation (I could be wrong about them inventing it, but they are at least like Pixar and took a concept and turned it into something amazing) and this is also their follow up to Chicken Run, which won a whole bunch of awards a few years back and if they had the animated feature award back then, they probably would have won, so this would really be a nice way of them giving it to Aardman for all the stuff the Academy has overlooked in the past such as Chicken Run and the Creature Comforts. So W&G all the way!!!

• Huh?

Yeah... you're definately wrong about them creating Claymation. Before them, there was Will Vinton Studios. Before Will Vinton, there was Clokey Productions... the list goes on.

I wouldn't say they're the ones to turn it into something amazing, either. Very hard to find, but if you can ever find them, see I Go Pogo and The Adventures of Mark Twain -- two of the greatest claymation movies of all time. And simply amazing.

I believe Will Vinton is the studio that has a copyright to the term "Claymation."
    -Tim

• oh bugger

The term "Claymation" is a registered trademark created by Will Vinton Studios to describe their clay animated movies; the more generic term is "clay animation", but "claymation" has entered the English language as a genericized trademark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymation

I also thnik W&G will win, I haven't seen it but based on the way the academy works it has a higher chance than Corpse Bride, I could see Howl's winning, but really I think W&G will win, especially with the fire they had that destroyed so much of their work, if nothing more than as a gesture of sympathy the academy would vote the award to them, even though from what i've read it probably deserves the award anyway.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    (filmfreak11, you are really missing out by a blanket "I dislike anime!" statement) but W&G was so incredibly fun and creative.
    I sat through an entire full length anime movie before I still don't like it. It does not appeal to me. This whole anime thing in America was jump-started because of Pokemon...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast