View Poll Results: Which film will take home Best animated Feature Film?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE

8 14.04%
  • TIM BURTON'S CORPSE BRIDE

21 36.84%
  • WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT

28 49.12%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Oscar Poll - Best Animated feature film

I voted for Corpse Bride, not because of any intellectual or esoteric reason.

I love W&G, am kind of hit or miss with Anime (loved Kiki's Delivery Service), but for me, anything from Tim Burton is a slice of fried gold. He invariably appeals to the dark, disturbed and slightly romantic side of my personality, and I like that.

So Corpse Bride gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I sat through an entire full length anime movie before I still don't like it. It does not appeal to me. This whole anime thing in America was jump-started because of Pokemon...
    IMHO, Ghibli Studios creations are equal to early Disney films in beauty and provide much more content and depth. Yeah, there's some Anime crap out there, but there's American cartoon crap as well. Ghibli is simply amazing and is really in a catagory of it's own.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I sat through an entire full length anime movie before I still don't like it. It does not appeal to me. This whole anime thing in America was jump-started because of Pokemon...
    Odd... thought it was because of Kimba and Speed Racer way back in the 60s...
    -Tim

• Iron-Clad Allie

Each of the three were a thrill and a gasp a second. Howl's Moving Castle was a little more trippy.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-07-2006 at 09:25 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Each of the three were a thrill and a gasp a second. Howl's Moving Castle was a little more trippy. Besides, I like computer game based flicks.
    Which film was a computer game-based film?

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm a very johnny-come-lately to this thread- the Oscars are long over. However I finally saw Howls, and it was amazing. Beautiful animation, fascinating story, quirky and likeable characters, moving and humorous moments, including a romantic twist (which works on a sap like me) and all over far more creative than anything that IMO has come out of Disney for a long time.

I'm intrigued by these movies now and am enjoying the journey more than I have enjoyed Disney for a while-given that their next BIG thing seems to be churning yet another sequel out to video I would rather get lost in Howls, or watch Spirited Away than waste time on a useless sequel.

In comparison to W&G which I did like- I would have to say I wish Howl's had won.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I'm a very johnny-come-lately to this thread- the Oscars are long over. However I finally saw Howls, and it was amazing. Beautiful animation, fascinating story, quirky and likeable characters, moving and humorous moments, including a romantic twist (which works on a sap like me) and all over far more creative than anything that IMO has come out of Disney for a long time.

I'm intrigued by these movies now and am enjoying the journey more than I have enjoyed Disney for a while-given that their next BIG thing seems to be churning yet another sequel out to video I would rather get lost in Howls, or watch Spirited Away than waste time on a useless sequel.

In comparison to W&G which I did like- I would have to say I wish Howl's had won.
    I haven't watched it yet, although I did buy it for my daughter. It is also a book, which my daughter is now reading. She really likes it.

It's always me

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys

Oh I'm glad to see that someone finally agrees in here. Howl, I you...

And if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? The voices have been re-done in ENGLISH (no sub-titles) to match the animation. It's a wonderful story and I don't really like anime. Just rent it. Try it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234