Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Harry Potter and the OotP to start filming - Reuters February 2, 2006

Filming to start on fifth Harry Potter saga Thu Feb 2, 5:55 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - The three teenage stars of the Harry Potter movies are to reunite for the fifth film in the wizard saga.
    Warner Bros announced on Thursday that filming will begin next week of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint reprising their roles as teenage wizards.

Britain's David Yates is making his debut as a Potter director and among the new faces in the cast will be "Vera Drake" star Imelda Staunton as the new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School.
    The film is expected to be released next year.
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...RTS-POTTER.xml

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: Harry Potter and the OotP to start filming - Reuters February 2, 2006

Filming Begins for Harry Potter 5
    Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
    February 2, 2006

Principal photography will commence February 6 at Leavesden Studios on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth film adaptation of J.K. Rowling's beloved "Harry Potter" novel series.

Directed by award winning British filmmaker David Yates (The Girl in the Café, Sex Traffic, State of Play), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is produced by "Harry Potter" film series producer David Heyman and David Barron, from a screenplay by Michael Goldenberg (Where the Wild Things Are, Peter Pan, Contact).

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson reprise their roles as close-knit teen wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The production also welcomes back production designer Stuart Craig, costume designer Jany Temime, creature effects supervisor Nick Dudman, special effects supervisor John Richardson and visual effects supervisor Tim Burke. The director of photography is Slawomir Idziak (King Arthur, Black Hawk Down) and the editor is Mark Day (The Girl in the Café, State of Play).

Joining the stellar cast are Imelda Staunton (Nanny McPhee, Vera Drake) as Dolores Umbridge, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher; George Harris (The Interpreter, Black Hawk Down) as Kingsley Shacklebolt; Helen McCrory (Casanova, Enduring Love) as Bellatrix Lestrange; Natalia Tena (Mrs. Henderson Presents, About a Boy) as Nymphadora Tonks; Kathryn Hunter (All or Nothing, Orlando) as Mrs. Figg; and 14 year-old newcomer Evanna Lynch, who beat over 15,000 hopefuls at an open casting call to win the role of Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw student who becomes an important ally of Harry, Ron and Hermione's.

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13018
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

And, Could the writers (and special effects crews) please start working on Year 6? Please?? These kids aren't getting any younger.
    (I see Steve Kloves is taking a break. Maybe he can start up on Year 6.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

If you ask me, I'd rather J K Rowling finish Book 7!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    If you ask me, I'd rather J K Rowling finish Book 7!
    I don't think she's so day-to-day on the sets. I think her involvement is:
    1. Approving the script.
    2. Approving set designs.
    3. Approving actor choices.
    4. Final print approval.

But, I agree: finish that freakin' book!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• out & about

didnt she just start writing 7?

and i hope this movie more closely resembles the book. I thought golblet of fire was a good movie but it could have been great if it had stuck to the book more. I mean really, the books are so successful because of the indepth story telling j.k. puts on the table. the movie strayed a little too much for my taste. i hope they tighten thigns up and delve more into the fantastic story as was originally written.

and yes for heavens sake start on the half blood prince... i cant wait.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    And, These kids aren't getting any younger.
    The same can be said about some of the adults. As mean as this sounds, it would be great if they finished the film series before any of the older actors take their final bow.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    The same can be said about some of the adults. As mean as this sounds, it would be great if they finished the film series before any of the older actors take their final bow.
    I agree with this. The kids are growing the series so it works, regardless of whether they are the same age as their character (Tom Riddle was 25 and Myrtle is in her 30's).

But I'm getting worried about Dame Maggie Smith. No one (and I mean NO ONE) can pull off McGonagall as well as her. ::frets::

For that matter, I don't think I can stand the thought of losing Snape or Filch or...

Hurry up already!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Former Epcot CM

Smith IS McGonagall! I can't wait to see her versus Death Eaters in Film 6!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Smith IS McGonagall! I can't wait to see her versus Death Eaters in Film 6!
    I'm excited for when Umbridge goes after Hagrid. The image of McGonagall running to the hut...

She was pretty awesome in GOF getting on to Moody!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    didnt she just start writing 7?

and i hope this movie more closely resembles the book. I thought golblet of fire was a good movie but it could have been great if it had stuck to the book more. I mean really, the books are so successful because of the indepth story telling j.k. puts on the table. the movie strayed a little too much for my taste. i hope they tighten thigns up and delve more into the fantastic story as was originally written.
    I've given up on having the movies stay exact to the boks. If it takes me, oh, 16 hours or so to read the book, then how can I expect a movie to stay that close.

Here's to hoping the Weasley twins get their big exit scene!! This should require a lot of other scenes such as their experiments with the gags and run-ins with Hermione. And their getting the TriWizard winnings from Harry (dropped from the GoF movie).

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Gary Oldman axed from the next Harry Potter film?

Gary Oldman has been axed from the next Harry Potter film.
    The actor hasn't signed up to reprise his role as jail-breaker Sirius Black - confirming rumours he has been mysteriously ditched from the wizard movie franchise.
    Oldman's manager Douglas Urbanski has confirmed the star will not be in 'The Order of the Phoenix', which has already started shooting.
    He told Britain's The Sun newspaper: 'You will be shocked to learn there are no plans for Gary to appear in the film.
    'We are left with no choice but to pursue other employment for him.'
    Warner Bros. spokeswoman, Vanessa Davis, has confirmed the 47-year-old actor hasn't signed a deal, but insists there is time to resolve the confusion.
    She explained: 'With any film the priority is confirming the cast who will be on the set form the outset.'
    Oldman's fans are fuming at the news.
    One wrote on the Ultimate Gary Oldman website: 'Are they completely MAD???!!! Who could play Sirius better than Gary???!!! NO ONE!!!'
    Copyright 2006 BANG Media International
    http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...ry_Potter_film
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • So fetch

^^^

One wrote on the Ultimate Gary Oldman website: 'Are they completely MAD???!!! Who could play Sirius better than Gary???!!! NO ONE!!!'
    ^
    That's what I'm thinking!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Exclusive: More Potter casting

With filming now underway on the fifth Harry Potter adventure, more information on who will appear in the film has been announced by Warner Bros.
    Amelia Bones, the Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Office, will be played by Sian Thomas.
    She's appeared in several productions for the Royal Shakespeare Company, as well as roles in TV and film.
    And the Dursleys will definitely be back in The Order of the Phoenix, after their absence from Goblet of Fire.

Some members of Dudley's gang have now been cast. Jason Boyd will play Piers Polkiss, and Richard Macklin will play Malcolm.
    Young Wormtail is cast
    Robbie Jarvis

Other casting includes Charles Hughes as Young Wormtail and Susie Shinner as Young Lily Potter. CBBC Newsround reported last week that Robbie Jarvis, 19, will play Young James Potter.
    Auror Dawlish will be played by Richard Leaf, and Nick Shim has been cast as Zacharias Smith. Gary Oldman is currently in negotioations to return as Sirius Black.

The Order of the Phoenix will be released sometime in 2007.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4700716.stm

• Happy Memories

My guess is that the Oldman situation is simply bit of a mix up. I remember that one day he was listed as among the returning cast, then the next his reps said he hadn't officially signed on yet. My guess is that the confusion is all about innacurate press releases. I can't see them just ditching him and recasting, he's too good and it would upset too many fans.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast