Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Re: Grandpa has died...

According to IMDB:

Birth Name: Albert Meister

Birth Date: April 30, 1910

In the late 1920s, Lewis worked as a circus performer, but ultimately decided on college, earning a Ph.D. in child psychology from Columbia University. He taught school and wrote two children's books. In 1949, at the suggestion of a friend, Lewis turned to acting and joined the Paul Mann Actor's Workshop in New York. Lewis worked in burlesque and vaudeville theaters across the country, which eventually led to Broadway. By the 1950s, television was booming, and Lewis took advantage of the work appearing on almost every live show out of his homebase of New York City. His most famous regular TV roles were Officer Leo Schnauser on "Car 54, Where Are You?" and Grandpa on "The Munsters". When these shows ended, he opened a restaurant in New York called Grampa's in Greenwich Village. He has since produced a home video for children and appeared on WTBS in a series of Saturday morning programs for children.

• Happy Memories

RIP Grandpa....

• Still lost in Neverland

I watched the orignal Car 54 Where Are You when it was first broadcast and the both were so funny in that. But they worked best in Munsters. I still get a kick out of watching the reruns whenever Nick at Night runs them. Great stuff.

Grandpa, you were the best. And you are missed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Just to add to the mystery, here is the SciFi Wire obit.

'Grandpa Munster' Lewis Is Dead

Al Lewis, the vampire patriarch of TV's The Munsters, died Feb. 3 after years of failing health, the Associated Press reported. He was 82.

Lewis, who was most famous for playing Grandpa Munster in the 1960s monster sitcom, died with his wife at his bedside, said Bernard White, program director at WBAI-FM, where the actor hosted a weekly radio program. White made the announcement on the air during the Saturday slot where Lewis usually appeared, the AP reported.

Lewis became a pop-culture icon playing the irascible father-in-law to Fred Gwynne's ever-bumbling Herman Munster on the 1964-66 television show.

Lewis also achieved notoriety as a basketball talent scout; operated a successful Greenwich Village restaurant, Grandpa's; and even ran unsuccessfully as the Green Party candidate against incumbent New York governor George Pataki in 1998.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12