• I was deleted.

Exclamation BPF's review of Eight Below

I attended a sneak preview viewing of Eight Below tonight and it was truely an amazing film. I have to admit that I was very excited to see this film so I jumped on the chance to attend a sneak preview.

Overall the story was amazing. The acting was strong-- especially with the dogs. With the overall story line you would expect the dogs to steal the show and of course they did. But in my opinion they did in quite a subtle way that just worked. It wasn't just because the animals were cute but because of their strong acting skills, expressions, and interactions with each other. The music was quite strong and supported the film very well.

And since it was a Disney film it was emotional but it wasn't too sad as I found myself smiling, laughing, and practically cheering on the dogs and Jerry (Paul Walker) throughout the film.

So yes, I do suggest that you see this one. I went with my parents who see LOTS of movies (about four a week) and they really liked this one, especially my mom.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: BPF's review of Eight Below

Thanks for the post. I'd really like to see this, the trailers look great.. and my Mom is a total fan of any movies with dogs so I'm planning to take her. For me, hey anything with Paul Walker... hubba-hubba!! Just try and keep me away! Talk about cute...
    --Jonathan

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    Thanks for the post. I'd really like to see this, the trailers look great.. and my Mom is a total fan of any movies with dogs so I'm planning to take her. For me, hey anything with Paul Walker... hubba-hubba!! Just try and keep me away! Talk about cute...

oooh yea! I didn't mind looking at him or one of the dogs as there were a lot of pretty eyes in the film.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I saw this movie also this week and I have to agree, it was a very good movie. I found the scenery absolutely breathtaking. As BPF said, the acting was strong by both the actors and the dogs. I could actually feel every emotion the dogs were trying to convey. I was never a big fan of Paul Walker, but I do have to admit he was very good in this and he won me over with this film. Jason Biggs was pretty funny as the comic relief in the movie.

The film does play on your heartstings, I basically had a lump in my throat through most of the movie and a couple of action scenes did have me on the edge of my seat.

I really enjoyed this movie and would highly recommend it!

• Happy Memories

I'm glad to hear that it's good. Based on the trailers I've been seeing, I wasn't expecting much beyond the typical family dog film. Sounds like it's a little better than that so maybe I'll give it a look sooner rather than later.

• out & about

Im surprised to see so many of you enjoyed this film. I htought it was very unlikely that anyone would like it.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Banned User

I am gonna go see it just to see those beautiful dogs. When we were in alaska this summer I got a chance to see a sled team up close and they are truly beautiful animals. Very protective but also very friendly and outgoing. They have the deepest blue eyes I have ever seen. truly and ausome breed.

• My cuties!

We're Malamute owners so I'm sure we'll see this when it comes out on dvd. Glad to hear it is a good movie!

Here's a picture of our babies:
    Nikita:

Nemo with a garbage can lid stuck on him; he's not the sharpest tool in the shed but we love him!

• Happy Memories

When my uncle moved back here from Alaska he had a Malamute that he brought back with him. It was goreous, but unfortunately Florida's climate is not very hospitable to such animals (especially ones that were originally born and raised in Alaska). That poor dog had all kinds of skin problems down here. If I ever live in a cooler climate I'd love to have one myself, but not as long as I still live here.