Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Michaels, Madden, and Oswald??

And, let's hope Al Michaels can work on Olympic and NHL hockey.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Wow! Somewhere Walt and Roy O's ghosts are really smiling!

The retrun of Oswald corrects a major injustice in Walt's career that affected him for years...

Bob Iger is on a roll to do what's right for the legacy - - Keep it up, Bob!!! I'm becoming your number one fan!
    I remember when people looked down on Iger as if he was "Eisners Sock Puppet" and "A cheap Choice made to make Eisner look good." Do any of you remember that? I remember when Roy Disney looked down on Iger as a bad candidate as CEO too.

Turns out, he really is a good choice. I hope he never becomes greedy like Eisner did.

And look at him now, Disney owns Pixar and Iger was able to do some justice for Walt Disney himself.

I have trust for Iger and believe that he will fix the ailing disney for the time being

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    but i swear if that rabbit becomes a part of the fab five and replaces the one that saved the companys butt then i'll be right behind that angry mouse with a torch and a pitchfork... and elmer fudd.... it'll be wabbit season... haahaha... they have a rabbit again...

pete, donald, and oswald...

rabbit season!!!
    duck season...
    "i dont care what season it is im getting both of you"
    At first in your other Oswald thread I thought you wanted Oswald to be more popular than Mickey, my bad

• keep moving forward...

it just may be interesting...

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I remember when people looked down on Iger as if he was "Eisners Sock Puppet" and "A cheap Choice made to make Eisner look good." Do any of you remember that? I remember when Roy Disney looked down on Iger as a bad candidate as CEO too.

Turns out, he really is a good choice. I hope he never becomes greedy like Eisner did.

And look at him now, Disney owns Pixar and Iger was able to do some justice for Walt Disney himself.

I have trust for Iger and believe that he will fix the ailing disney for the time being
    I would prefer to put it this way, Iger did the first thing any good incomming manager should do... Listen then make changes where they are needed...

He does have a ways to go... Like I said, I am waiting for the Harmonic Convergence to happen where all aspects of the company is running like it should, producing and distributing quality content. The customer will respond to quality, particulary if you are charging a premium... What they don't like is arrogant CEO's who think they can repackage cheap garbage and sell it for a premium and expect the public to believe in a product simply because it has the name "Disney" slapped on the side of it...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Welcome Home Oswald!

And thanks to Roy, Diane, whoever it was that brought
    Oswald to the attention of Bob Iger. And with great
    surprise to myself, I'm now thanking Mr. Iger for bringing
    Oswald back to Disney after nearly EIGHTY years!

Yes, Iger deserve thanks, regardless of who put the
    thought in his mind about bringing back "The rabbit
    who started it all" I admit that I was no fan of Iger
    who was in Eisner's shadow for years. After the
    the horrendous way Eisner ran Disney the past 10 to
    15 years, any lacky of Eisner was to be viewed with
    caution and apprehension.

BUT, after less than one year, Iger has patched the
    greatest rift of the past (with Oswald) , and the greatest
    rift of the present (Pixar). And he is also aware of the
    talented people at Pixar that can help bring that positive
    spirit back to the theme parks and to animation.

I'm glad to say that finally, I can now be cautiously
    optimistic, rather than cautiously pessimistic. Let's
    hope that any Go.com, DCA, TL '98 are a thing of the
    past!

• keep moving forward...

i think that we can all say that walt, roy, mr.wells, john fiedler,paul winchell,ron howard ashman, and the rest of them can now finally rest in peace knowing that this company is back on track

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

i think that we can all say that walt, roy, mr.wells, john fiedler,paul winchell,ron howard ashman, and the rest of them can now finally rest in peace knowing that this company is back on track
    Now I know Paul Winchell was the voice of Tigger & John Fiedler was the voice of Piglet, but did they do anything to fight to bring the company back up to its feet as well?? Same goes for Howard Ashman, I know he wrote songs for Disney, but did he try to do things in protest of Eisner or something?? I am talking about the right Howard Ashman right??

I am confused sort of.

• keep moving forward...

they just had some sort of care for the company... now i think i can say that everything seems to be going good

with the 50th in full blast, sots in negotiations, decent movies, the purchase of pixar... i'd say were expieriencing a true revolution in the company right before our eyes...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

they just had some sort of care for the company... now i think i can say that everything seems to be going good

with the 50th in full blast, sots in negotiations, decent movies, the purchase of pixar... i'd say were expieriencing a true revolution in the company right before our eyes...

Ooooohhhh

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Don't forget the two lovable adult Mouseketeers Jimmie Dodd and Roy .

They passed a way but Jimmie created the most famous Disney anthem "Mickey Mouse Club March" and "Mickey Mouse Club Alma Mater". Roy, the lovable sidekick of Jimmies that made off and on appearances in the background, created the famous Mickey Mouse ear hats.

Then there is Ub Iwerks, first person to animate Mickey and redesign him from Walts original sketch to make him look better .

• Where's my other cent?

Alright, this may be rediculously optimistic, but here goes...

I just finished reading DisneyWar for the second time and I got this crazy idea. When Iger worked for ABC, before the merger, everyone seemed to like him, and the company did pretty well. After he became President of Disney, we pretty much turned into Eisner, Jr. People who had worked with him before even made the comments about the change in his character ("Lost his soul", etc.) He preactically admitted that he was different when he makes the comment about "how hard it is to work for (Eisner)...no idea how important his job is to me." Nothing new here.

Ok, here's the twist. Iger made comments to a reporter after he was named CEO about how much Disney means to him, how he grew up on Disney, is raising his kids on Disney, etc., very un-Eisner, who knew practically nothing about the company when he showed up. Then he goes and kills strategic planning, a very un-Eisner move. So here's what I'm wondering. Is it even remotely possible, that Iger played the Stooge solely to keep Eisner's "confidence" and get himself into the top seat, and now that he's there, return to the old ABC Iger and run the company well?

Yeah it's a stretch, but I'm curious about what folks think.
    I posted this comment back after Iger was named CEO in the following thread.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...7520#post57520

So there it is, I'm going to claim that I saw it all before it happened.

Ok, now that I'm done inflating my ego, let's get serious. In a lot of ways, this news excited me more than the purchase of Pixar. We're talking about the character that really started it all, and not in the sense that he came first. This was the character that taught Walt how to do business his way, the character that taught him to create for himself and not some other company. Without Oswald, and the circumstances surrounding him, would Walt have been the original thinker and individual that he was? Don't know, but it's interesting to consider.

Wonderful to have him back. I'm glad that Iger had his eye on restoring such a historic and symbolic piece to the company.

• The one, the only...

I think Walt could not have brought Oswald back only because it was such a painful reminder for him.

Also, as said before, Mickey's creation happened because of Oswald. Walt always loved Mickey, and it would be like bringing back a rival. (I know that Mickey is a character, but Walt talked about him as if he was a real person.)

I am sure that this was done to please Diane or Roy or both.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS: Oswald has NO VALUE!!

1) No child knows him and it would be too expensive to create fans now.

2) Oswald became the name of an assassin of the President of the United States. That name will always remind people of that terrible deed.

3) Characters can only have a copyright of 100 years now. So there are less than 20 years left anyway. (It used to be 75 years, but when Mickey's copyright approached, Disney petitioned congress to change it to 100 years, which they did.)

It is nice of Iger to do something like this to please the Disney family members.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

This is such a wonderful thoughtful gesture on the part of Bob Iger and it truly inspires confidence.

I think amidst all the celebrations these days it sold be noted that part of the reason this wonderful renaissance is happening is due to the efforts of the critics. Mr. Iger has made it a top priority to please the loyal Disney fans. I can’t believe a former ABC executive with no connection to Disney, save the fact that he was employed by a company that Disney bought, would have this insight. I can’t believe that Mr. Iger would fully understand the importance of distancing himself from Eisner had it not been for the articulate critics that have so poignantly laid out the flaws of Eisner’s last ten years at Disney. Clearly, Mr. Iger has heard them and responded well.

Three cheers for Bob Iger!

... and a big thank you to Roy, Stan, all the folks from SaveDisney, the shareholders that voted against Eisner, Steve Jobs, Harvey Weinstien, Al Lutz and every Disney fan that understood that Disney isn’t just a company but a legacy (and sometimes maintaining that legacy means speaking out). Well done.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1
    The ESPN story on the deal is very tongue-in-cheek, and has a picture of Oswald to boot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2324417

I particularly like Al Michaels quote about the deal:

"Oswald is definitely worth more than a fourth-round draft choice," Michaels said, referring to what the Kansas City Chiefs gave the New York Jets as compensation for releasing coach Herm Edwards from his contract. "I'm going to be a trivia answer someday."

And it still amazes me that Iger gave enough thought to step into what was a "sports deal" and get Oswalt out of it!
    "Do you believe in miracles....YESSSS!"
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast