• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"A Prairie Home Companion" big screen - The Hollywood Reporter February 13, 2006

Garrison Keillor, Meryl Streep and Lindsay Lohan co-star in "Companion."
    Feb. 13, 2006

A Prairie Home Companion
    By Kirk Honeycutt

Bottom line: Who says you can't do a terrific radio show in a movie?
    Screened at the Berlin International Film Festival

BERLIN -- Not since Woody Allen's "Radio Days" has anyone created such a cinematic Valentine to the wonderfully imaginative medium of radio as "A Prairie Home Companion." Garrison Keillor, impresario, creator and host of one of radio's longest running programs -- 31 years and counting -- and director Robert Altman are a match made in heaven. To these two Midwesterners, the region's dry, whimsical humor, unfailing politeness and straight-shooting sensibility are as natural as their own skins. There is no artifice or slickness here, just a native, keen intelligence that slyly hides behind homespun wit and verbal slapstick.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1001995650

• Happy Memories

Re: "A Prairie Home Companion" big screen - The Hollywood Reporter February 13, 2006

I'm looking forward to this one. My uncle got me hooked on Prairie Home years ago and who better to bring it to the big screen than Altman.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: "A Prairie Home Companion" big screen - The Hollywood Reporter February 13, 2006

Altman back with film about real-life radio show
    Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:42 AM ET

Altman, who has been nominated seven times for an Oscar -- for films including "MASH," "Nashville" and "Gosford Park" -- and never won, will receive an honorary Academy Award at this year's ceremony.
    Asked whether he had felt snubbed in the past, he joked: "Let's get on their case. What's the reason for it? I've always handed my name in to the contest."
    But he added: "I'm very happy with the fact that I'm being recognized this year. I'm very proud of that. I can't think of a better award. To me it's better for all of my work than just for a couple of things." Altman is one of two renowned veteran filmmakers launching their latest pictures in Berlin this year.
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsCh...ertainmentNews