Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Sin City (Disney>Miramax>Dimension>)

Sin City

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am thrilled to see this film come to light and frankly very impressed with the incredible likeness to the original graphic novels.

If you have never seen or read Sin City, I recommend flipping through them at your local book store before seeing the movie to get an idea how incredibly detailed and accurate this movie will be.

Robdert Rodriguez is a fantastic director and Frank Miller's book is incredible, I suspect this will be one of those amazing movies people will be talking about for a very long time.

• Reaver of Souls

It's gonna be sweet, that's a fact. Even when I'm not drooling over Jessica Alba....

The cinematography is outstanding, and it's a style that is both gritty and beautiful. I for one will see this the day it opens. It'll be interesting to see how much they tone it down from the books. Considering how graphic the books are, they'll have to smooth out some rough spots, if they want to keep it even in the R ratings range...

But at least they're not going for PG, like that crappy Spawn movie. Man, was that a disappointment. The CG Violator was the only good thing about it. Even Merlin couldn't clean up that stinkburger...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Man O Lantern

You have NO idea how geeked out I am over this movie!!! It's everything I love coming to the big screen....Rodriguez and Tarantino in their nerdy element, unbeatable combo! And the casting is incredible.....I keep getting chills when I see Clive Owen.....then I think Mickey Rourke, Elijah Wood, Nick Stahl, etc. Good stuff!!!

I just hope people "get it." I fear people will see it and go, HUH? And then discourage others from seeing it.

I'll be there April 1st! Can't wait!!!

www.sincitythemovie.com

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    You have NO idea how geeked out I am over this movie!!! It's everything I love coming to the big screen....Rodriguez and Tarantino in their nerdy element, unbeatable combo! And the casting is incredible.....I keep getting chills when I see Clive Owen.....then I think Mickey Rourke, Elijah Wood, Nick Stahl, etc. Good stuff!!!

I just hope people "get it." I fear people will see it and go, HUH? And then discourage others from seeing it.

I'll be there April 1st! Can't wait!!!

www.sincitythemovie.com
    Plus Frank Miller actually co-drected with both Tarantino and Rodriguez and was very heavily involved more so any other comic book creator ever has in his own project.

You rock Stinkerbelle- one of the coolest female geeks ever! Whoop whoop.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Never seen the book- I don't know if I will get it- but the damn thing looks smokin and I want to see it too!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Never seen the book- I don't know if I will get it- but the damn thing looks smokin and I want to see it too!
    No no just go flip through it at likes Barnes and Noble they just reissued the tradebacks and they have them on one of those first displays as you enter.

They did an amazing job translating the look and feel of the book, perserving the color choices and creating depth. I sat and watched the panel on this at Comic Con last year and it felt right as rain.

Rodriguez is my hero- independent, fierce, willing to experiment, works outside the system. He is a bit cocky for my taste, but when you have pulled yourself up from the boot straps and been as successfull as he has you deserve it.

I love Spy Kids *runs aways screaming*

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Plus Frank Miller actually co-drected with both Tarantino and Rodriguez and was very heavily involved more so any other comic book creator ever has in his own project.

You rock Stinkerbelle- one of the coolest female geeks ever! Whoop whoop.
    Yes, Frank Miller's involvement means (hopefully) that this movie will just kick butt. Plus, Tarantino is such a hard-core comic book/graphic novel fan that he wouldn't allow it to get screwed up. Add Rodriguez's visual skills and I don't see how the movie can go wrong.

And thanks, geekiness is goooood. :devil:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I love Spy Kids *runs aways screaming*
    Robert Rodriguez directed Spy Kids?!! haha, i'm sorry but I really disliked that movie. But whatever, I still really want to see this film, it's a film noir freak dream come true!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari to Kurai
    Robert Rodriguez directed Spy Kids?!! haha, i'm sorry but I really disliked that movie. But whatever, I still really want to see this film, it's a film noir freak dream come true!
    First Spy Kids- was the best non-magic, fun kids movie in a very long time. I love Kids movies but most of them pander to sappy audiences. Spy Kids treated kids and adults with respect.

Now the second one was weird and Spy Kids 3d was a giant experiment gone terrible wrong- gave me a headache, but I stand by the first one, it was great-Tom

• Happy Memories

I'v been excited about Sin City for a while now. I was pleasantly surprised last night when my fiance (who usually doesn't geek out like I do) saw a comercial for it and started asking me about. She was excited about it too so I may actually get to catch this one in theaters for a change instead of renting on a night when she isn't home. lol!

Yes, Frank Miller's involvement means (hopefully) that this movie will just kick butt. Plus, Tarantino is such a hard-core comic book/graphic novel fan that he wouldn't allow it to get screwed up. Add Rodriguez's visual skills and I don't see how the movie can go wrong.

And thanks, geekiness is goooood.
    Actually Tarantino directed 5 minutes at the most of this movie, so don't expect too much of his style. (it was a deal between the 2, Robert was paid $1 to do the Kill Bill 2 score, Quentin was paid $1 to do a Sin scene) This is predominantly Rodriguez's direction who consulted Miller on each scene making sure he approved. And yes geekiness is goood.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zissou
    Actually Tarantino directed 5 minutes at the most of this movie, so don't expect too much of his style. (it was a deal between the 2, Robert was paid $1 to do the Kill Bill 2 score, Quentin was paid $1 to do a Sin scene) This is predominantly Rodriguez's direction who consulted Miller on each scene making sure he approved. And yes geekiness is goood.
    No sure exactly where you read that Miller acted as a consultant but there was a big problem in Hollywood over this and forced Rodriguez out of the director's guild because Miller co-directed. The two men discussed the style at Comic Con in detail. Miller personally gave the actors directions and did not wait for Rodriguez to let him off the lease. The two were very comical at the discussion. This was more of an equal collaberation than you are describing.

ya i heard about robby leaving the guild, but i guess my source was wrong about miller being more of an on set consultant than a director. what better source than miller himself

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zissou
    ya i heard about robby leaving the guild, but i guess my source was wrong about miller being more of an on set consultant than a director. what better source than miller himself
    Perhaps he was being modest. At Con it was Robert who described how Frank interacted on the set in more of a fatherly manner, moving actors, feeding them motivations, etc. I guess maybe he considered it consulting.

• Why do you keep talking?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/sincity.html

Two things to check out, the Slideshow: Comic Book Comparison is simply AMAZING! One of the scenes you really can't tell the difference. The 11 minute featurette they have up is also great, they have interviews with Rodriguez, Miller, Tarantino, and a lot of the stars. I'm so excited for this movie. Not to mention they have music from The Servant (The music from the trailers)

Is it April 1 yet?
    Last edited by Hector; 03-24-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast