A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Question Has anyone heard of "Disney Live! Mickey's Magic Show!"??

I rec'd an email advertisement for a live show called "Disney Live! Mickey's Magic Show!" that is coming to a local theater later in the spring. I have never heard of this before. Can anyone shed any light? Here's the text:

Cue the footlights! Raise the curtain! It’s Disney Live! Mickey’s Magic Show! Mickey, Minnie and a host of Disney friends are performing live on stage in a one-of-a-kind magic show! It’s laughs, cheers and magic tricks in this onstage adventure featuring Donald and Goofy, Cinderella and The Fairy Godmother, Alice and The Mad Hatter, and many more. Put them together and what have you got?
    A whole new way to experience Disney Magic with your family.

I would love to know if this is worthwhile.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• I Hug My Tapirs

Re: Has anyone heard of "Disney Live! Mickey's Magic Show!"??

Ah! Sounds like another one of Feld Entertainment's travelling shows! I know they did a Winnie the Pooh one awhile back. I haven't seen them myself, but I get the impression that it's just kinda of a travelling stage show in the vein of Disney on Ice (which Feld also puts on) but without the ice skating.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Many thanks, Feld Entertainment is indeed the answer. With that info I did a little more digging and I found this website (which actually doesn't have alot of real info).

http://disney.go.com/disneylive/

Thanks again for your help!
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Still wants to be a cat!

When it arrives here on the West Coast, I'll be in line for tickets. If anyone goes, please post a review.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I'd like to go as well. Hopefully it's as decently priced as the upcoming Disney Ice show I'm going to (you can't beat $12!!)

As someone else said, it is a Feld Production without the ice. What is really unique about it, though, is the elements of the show. The Winnie the Pooh show, for instance, brings all the characters to life in ways like you've never seen before in the theme parks. Characters mouths and eyes actually open and close, infusing the characters with life. Eeyore, who seems to channel his "inner manatee" in the theme parks, is his true-blue self even down to walking on all fours. The set, I read, was designed by the person who created "Avenue Q's" set. The choreography and director also come from Broadway. It's very interactive with the audience as well, moreso than I've seen in some of the Disney on Ice counterpart. The show also features a live singer and three clowns who interact with the audience.

As for the new one, Mickey's Magical Show, it sounds like it will not be a disappointment as well. The show will feature Mickey and friends, and from the title, quite a bit of magic as well. Feld Entertainment, supposedly, did produce or have some sort of involvement with Sigfried and Roy, so you never know what could possibly pop over from that.

The Disney Live shows are more expensive than Disney on Ice, though, since they take place in theatres, so expect to see a bit higher cost, due to a change in venue size from the usual arenas used.

Like I said, I saw Winnie the Pooh, and I'm a big fan of it. I think any Disney fan would get a real kick out of it. =)