• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"Walk The Line" special event

Walk the Line (PG-13)
    Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Patrick, Ginnifer Goodwin, Shelby Lynne
    Director: James Mangold
    Rating: PG-13 for some language, thematic material and depiction of drug dependency
    Running Time: 2 hrs., 13 min.
    Genre: Biography/Drama/Music

Nominated for 5 Academy Awards®, including performance by an actor in a leading role (Joaquin Phoenix), performance by an actress in a leading role (Reese Witherspoon), achievement in costume design, achievement in film editing, and achievement in sound mixing.
    The career of legendary country singer Johnny Cash is chronicled in this musical biography. Following a difficult early life, Cash establishes himself as a rising star in the country music world and falls in love with singer June Carter. Both are married, however, and Cash is struggling with serious personal difficulties.

Tuesday, February 28, 7:30 pm, Only
    Special Live Performances and Q&A with Screening
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment celebrates the DVD release of "Walk The Line," the five time Oscar®-nominated film that chronicles the rise to superstardom of legendary music icon, Johnny Cash.

Prior to the screening, there will be live performances by The Tennessee Three (Cash’s back-up band that toured with him for over 40 years), Tyler Hilton (singer, songwriter and fledgling actor (“One Tree Hill”) who appeared and performed in the film as Elvis Presley) and Waylon Payne (a musical artist whose songs explore the territory of roots rock, blues and hardcore country; he starred as Jerry Lee Lewis in the film). Following the screening, there will be a Q&A with invited panelists including The Tennessee Three, Tyler Hilton, Waylon Payne, Gene Beley (biographer and friend of the Carter-Cash family), and producer James Keach.
    http://www.arclightcinemas.com/do/de...62.jsp&path=np
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: "Walk The Line" special event

FYI - The event sold out this morning

BTW - They might move to a larger theatre at the ArcLight and release more tickets this weekend.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• All you need is LOVE

Wow cool. How cool it would be to go. Thanks for info.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

For what it's worth, Alias, I've now seen all five nominees for best picture...and if "Walk The Line" were nominated, I'd have picked that one as my personal favorite.

And I still say if Reese Witherspoon doesn't win best actress, there is no justice. She nailed that role. Just nailed it. (Among other Oscar-nominated movies I've seen, I was quite impressed with Felicity Huffman in Transamerica.)

Joaquin Phoenix was great, too - especially since he, like Reese, did all his own singing...but right now I'd be leaning toward Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) in that category.

For what it's worth.

Sounds like a great event next week - wish I could go...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    For what it's worth, Alias, I've now seen all five nominees for best picture...and if "Walk The Line" were nominated, I'd have picked that one as my personal favorite.

And I still say if Reese Witherspoon doesn't win best actress, there is no justice. She nailed that role. Just nailed it. (Among other Oscar-nominated movies I've seen, I was quite impressed with Felicity Huffman in Transamerica.)

Joaquin Phoenix was great, too - especially since he, like Reese, did all his own singing...but right now I'd be leaning toward Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) in that category.

For what it's worth.

Sounds like a great event next week - wish I could go...
    So glad to hear that you enjoyed the film, the 2-disc set should really be something, can't wait for the official Tuesday release. The DVD event should also be something quite special, really can't wait for that. Fox Home Entertainment is trying to lure Mr. Phoenix, James Mangold & Cathy Konrad over as well...we'll see!
    The ArcLight hosts many events throughout the year, this is one of the more elaborate yet, I'll continue to include the ones of potential interest.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 03-01-2006 at 07:52 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Walk the Line DVD is on Fire
    Source: Fox Home Entertainment
    March 1, 2006

Setting an industry record for DVD sales velocity for films in its box-office range, the DVD release of Walk The Line took center stage with more than 3 million units sold on its first day in stores. The $120 million box office favorite, which chronicles the rise to superstardom of legendary American music icon, Johnny Cash, is the winner of three Golden Globes® (Best Actor and Best Actress Musical/Comedy, and Best Picture Musical/Comedy) and nominee for five Academy Awards® including Best Actor (Phoenix) and Best Actress (Witherspoon).

Walk The Line arrived on DVD yesterday in three editions: a single disc widescreen and full screen version, as well as a limited edition two-disc set loaded with additional bonus features and collectibles. All three versions feature the theatrical feature film with running commentary by Director and Sundance Film Festival winner James Mangold (Girl, Interrupted), ten deleted scenes, and the original theatrical trailer while the limited edition two-disc collector's pack additionally features three extended musical sequences, three featurettes and collectible postcards.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=13412

Last edited by ALIASd; 03-01-2006 at 07:53 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Walk the Line (PG-13)

Nominated for 5 Academy Awards®, including performance by an actor in a leading role (Joaquin Phoenix), performance by an actress in a leading role (Reese Witherspoon), achievement in costume design, achievement in film editing, and achievement in sound mixing.
    Tuesday, February 28, 7:30 pm, Only
    Special Live Performances and Q&A with Screening
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment celebrates the DVD release of "Walk The Line," the five time Oscar®-nominated film that chronicles the rise to superstardom of legendary music icon, Johnny Cash.

Prior to the screening, there will be live performances by The Tennessee Three (Cash’s back-up band that toured with him for over 40 years), Tyler Hilton (singer, songwriter and fledgling actor (“One Tree Hill”) who appeared and performed in the film as Elvis Presley) and Waylon Payne (a musical artist whose songs explore the territory of roots rock, blues and hardcore country; he starred as Jerry Lee Lewis in the film). Following the screening, there will be a Q&A with invited panelists including The Tennessee Three, Tyler Hilton, Waylon Payne, Gene Beley (biographer and friend of the Carter-Cash family), and producer James Keach.
    This was great fun last night, such a treat to see these great live performances prior to seeing the film again. Here's some photos:
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...=172203&nbc1=1