• wasting time

Exclamation Iger wooing Pixar

It was announced last week that the new prince of the Magic Kingdom, Robert Iger, would attempt to repair the Walt Disney Co.'s relationship with Pixar, the animation company that has pretty much kept it from sinking in the red ink of "Atlantis," "Treasure Planet" and the other animated films Disney had been making in-house.
    Full story here

Perhaps there's still some hope ?

• IZTUAZU!!!

Oh, so he already knows that Chicken Little and Toy Story 3 will crash and burn?

So I guess Iger doesn't want to go with Dreamworks SKG animation? Personally, I don't blame him.
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

• Walt Disney Disciple

Keeping Pixar would certain engraciate Iger to the folks who are predisposed to not like him (given the stench of the "ceo search process.").

They're gonna have to give Pixar a lot of what they want -- and you know what that should be okay. Even if they don't make as much money on the movies/videos, they can still make money on having Pixar characters in a park. Who knows, can we dream of a Pixar-only park (no, I'm not talking about DCA!).
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I am happy about this news. I knew pixar wouldn't stray too far from Disney (especially since Disney owns all the licensing rights to its characters!) It is an advantageous relationship for both parties and I think Pixar just got tired of dealing with Eisner and his "I don't need you" attitude. Well, disney does need pixar and pixar needs disney and both parties know it. It would be bad for both of them to part ways at this point. Seems like Iger realizes this and hopefully he will do what is needed to do to keep them around. I really think Pixar wants to make a deal or they would have signed with someone else by now.
    Things are starting to look a little better for the future....
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

I still think it is far from a done deal... The ball really is in Pixar's court... Not to give Iger problems, but it up to Steve Jobs... And I think Iger knows this...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rawr...

I love the Pixar movies.... I really do. But they're not DISNEY movies to me. I want to see Iger re-establish the animation dept. None of that grade-c computer animation crap. BRING BACK THE ARTISTS!

(BTW...Pixar is "Grade A" computer animation... I speak of the Disney created computer-animation)
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    I love the Pixar movies.... I really do. But they're not DISNEY movies to me. I want to see Iger re-establish the animation dept. None of that grade-c computer animation crap. BRING BACK THE ARTISTS!

(BTW...Pixar is "Grade A" computer animation... I speak of the Disney created computer-animation)
    YES!! I couldn't agree more. Notice my avatar change to the Dreamer. www.dreamonsillydreamer. I want to see 2D animation exist. It worked so well, even recently with Lilo & Stitch. Why is it gone? Stitch is SO popular with product everywhere, a tv show, and an attraction. They can make another film like that. I know they can if they actually use story writers and animators, not "management". Please Mr. Iger, don't make me change my savedisney.com bumper sticker to say "Goodbye Bob... Bring back Roy." Be good to us!

• Creative Director

How can you say that the Disney created computer animation is grade C, when their first CG in-house film hasn't even been released yet?
    all we have seen are a couple trailers, and I am not going to downgrade it simply on that!

• Rawr...

have you seen the 50th commercial? They, while using a good concept, ruined classic characters! For me anyways...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    How can you say that the Disney created computer animation is grade C, when their first CG in-house film hasn't even been released yet?
    all we have seen are a couple trailers, and I am not going to downgrade it simply on that!
    Wasn't Dinosaur in-house? That thing flopped horribly... granted, it was early on in the CG Animation boom.. nevertheless it didnt do too well in the box office....

....Anyway, I'm kinda excited about Chicken Little.. it doesnt look too bad

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Dinosaur was in-house. While the animation was good for the day, the problem was that the story and dialogue (especially!) was terrible. It was more in the realm of the Disney story department to come up with better material, a problem the less-conservative Pixar folks have not had.

• Feel the breeze!

I am wondering what type of deal will be stuck. To my mind,at the rate Disney is importing the Pixar characters they own and lack of development of their own, Disney needs to get control of the characters. The worst deal I would strike, as Disney, is a distribution only deal, no rights to sequals, but the rights to the characters.

• Just this guy......

BRING BACK THE ARTISTS!
    How about bring back the writers first!

• Rawr...

lol...Point taken! Bring back the writers, THEN bring back the artists!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    I am wondering what type of deal will be stuck. To my mind,at the rate Disney is importing the Pixar characters they own and lack of development of their own, Disney needs to get control of the characters. The worst deal I would strike, as Disney, is a distribution only deal, no rights to sequals, but the rights to the characters.
    Disney already has control of the characters, it goes with owning the distribution rights. That's why there are slowly taking over the parks.

This is another reason why Pixar is still trying to make the disney deal work (in that they haven't been talking (publicly) with ither studios) They will loose a lot of money, plus the rights to any sequels by leaving disney.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.