Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Favorite television episodes of all time?

We had a little mini discussion on this topic in one of the random threads this morning and I thought it might make an interesting thread.

Post about any television episodes that are unforgetable. We were talking about funny ones, but they don't have to be funny.

For instance. I love the I love Lucy episode, where Lucy steals John Wayne's footprints.

Perhaps you have a favorite episode that was not funny, but sad.

Archie Bunker trying to deal with his wife Edith's death, comes to mind.

Favorite Television episodes. Let's reminisce.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Favorite television episodes of all time?

Edith died? I never knew that! Must have been towards the later seasons of the show.

Here are my favs

1) (This one is for all wrestling fans) But the most touching wrestling show I ever saw was aired right before Thanksgiving 2005. An extremely popular wrestler, who was a legend in the industry, named Eddie Guerrero suddenly died at the age of 38 due to heart complications. He was suppost to wrestle at the televised show hours after he died. But unfortunatley he passed away and the show had to be filmed for television. So instead, WWE scrapped all the stroylines they had for that show and made it an emotional tribute to the late great Eddie Guerrero. Any true wrestling fan never made it through the show without shedding a tear because his death was sudden. Even today wrestling fans from all over miss the man and he will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 2nd . The tribute show to Eddie Guerrero was perhaps the most touching and emotional experience I have ever had as a wrestling fan.
    2) Home Improvement (The episode where Santa Pays a visit to Mark and gives him a hard to find toy he wanted.)
    3) Home Improvement (The last three series ending episodes)
    4) The Simpsons (Most of the "Treehouse of Horrors" episodes)
    5) Home Improvement (The episode where Tim & Jill believe Randy may have cancer)
    6) Seinfeld (The series finale episode)
    7) 8 Simple Rules to Dating my Teenage Daughter (the two episodes that revolved around how the family coped with "Pauls", John Ritters, sudden death)
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 02-26-2006 at 02:36 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When Edith died on All in the Family, they did not actually show her dying. What they showed, was Archie trying to deal with his life without her. I forgot the name of the little girl that they had taken in. The episode that I am refering to shows Archie and the little girl trying to get on with their lives wihout Edith. Archie won't admit his pain. It's very touching. Grief is very hard to watch. It was a touching episode. Not meant to be funny. I just remember that one, for some reason.

Another All in the Family episode is when Archie and Edith and the same little girl (I wish I could remember her name) visit Gloria and Michael in California and find out that they are separated and getting a divorce. That's a good one too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Gloria is the blonde haired girl and David, the brown haired man with a mustache right?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Gloria is the blonde haired girl and David, the brown haired man with a mustache right?
    On All in the Family Gloria was the daughter of Edith and Archie. She married Michael. He had long hair and was of Polish Descent, which drove Archie crazy. This other little girl came to live with Archie and Edith after Gloria and Michael moved away to California I believe. I remember the little girl's name it was Stephanie.

Archie and Stephanie had a cutely strange situation. He loved Stephanie, but in his Archie Bunkerish way, he didn't want to show her that. She ended up usually wrapping Archie around her little finger.

• Banned User

my dad loved Archie Bunker, and he loved gomer pyle!
    I just love threads that have meaning to me thank you Barbarann!! This is a great thread!!

I loved Bewitched, and I loved I love Lucy, they were my all time favorites.
    oh and the partridge family, that was a good one to!!

• Banned User

I also loved watching the Andy griffith Show, Barney fife was a hoot, and even the english gentlmen that also was deputy sherrif for a while. I grew up watching every episode and seeing youg Opie grow up into teenage youth.

One of my favorites would be a Thanksgiving episode of the Bob Newhart Show where he was ordering chinese food while drunk. One of the funniest episodes of all time.

• Huh?

• 8 Simple Rules - the episode where he dreams that he's in an episode of Three's Company
    • Mary Tyler Moore Show - final episode -- always a tear-jerker
    • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - "Once More With Feeling" - they need to expand that episode for Broadway.
    • Dick Van Dyke - the walnuts episode
    • 3rd Rock From the Sun - the 3-D episode, the episode where that guy falls in love with Sally because he thinks she's a man, the episode where they discover a portal to an alternate dimension in the shower

I have a lot of favorite episodes... too many to list.
    -Tim

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by AFM
    One of my favorites would be a Thanksgiving episode of the Bob Newhart Show where he was ordering chinese food while drunk. One of the funniest episodes of all time.
    LOVE that episode.

Mary Tyler Moore: Chuckle the Clown dies

Dick Van Dyke: Ghost of A. Chance. Where Alan Brady invites the gang up to a cabin but doesn't tell then that he is filming a Candid Camera type show. The cabin is "haunted" and Rob, Laura, Buddy and Sally go through the slapstick humor of being scared.

I Love Lucy: First day in Hollywood. Setting her nose on fire and throwing a pie in Bill Holden's face.

Seinfeld: When Jerry and Elaine are on a airplane flight. He's in first class and she is stuck in coach.

Friends: When Ross buys leather pants, goes to a girl's house and gets too hot, takes off his pants in the bathroom and can't get them back on.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

8 Simple Rules: The first episode after John Ritter died when they had his character on the show die, too. I cried so hard watching that.

Friends: The One Where Noone Is Ready. They are all going to some thing for Ross and nobody is dressed except Phoebe and someone spills hummus on her dress. Joey and Chandler are fighting over a chair the entire episode and it is just hilarious. Chandler hides Joey's underwear so Joey goes back and puts on every single piece of Chandler's clothing and says, "Look at me, I'm Chandler. Could I BE wearing anymore clothes?"

Gimme A Break: Samantha is around 12 and kisses a boy and believes she's pregnant now just from that kiss.

And my personal favorite, Roseanne: They find some old pot and get high, Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. They are all in the bathroom and Jackie is in the bathtub and says, "Is this the sink? Am I shrinking?" and Roseanne is trying to talk normal to DJ through the door and says, "What do you want, DJ?" as her voice gets higher and faster

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There was an episode of The Honeymooners, where Alice and Ralph almost adopt a baby. The episode goes all the way til the very end of the show and you really see how happy Alice and Ralph are to be adopting a child. Sadly, the very last scene, the adoption falls through. I don't remember all the specifics. I just know that I cried. I never saw the episode again. I always look for mention of it on VHS and DVD sets of Honeymoom episodes. I never find it. I know that the Honeymooners were also a segment on another show, before they got their own show. Perhaps that is where that episode took place.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    8 Simple Rules: The first episode after John Ritter died when they had his character on the show die, too. I cried so hard watching that.

Friends: The One Where Noone Is Ready. They are all going to some thing for Ross and nobody is dressed except Phoebe and someone spills hummus on her dress. Joey and Chandler are fighting over a chair the entire episode and it is just hilarious. Chandler hides Joey's underwear so Joey goes back and puts on every single piece of Chandler's clothing and says, "Look at me, I'm Chandler. Could I BE wearing anymore clothes?"

Gimme A Break: Samantha is around 12 and kisses a boy and believes she's pregnant now just from that kiss.

And my personal favorite, Roseanne: They find some old pot and get high, Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. They are all in the bathroom and Jackie is in the bathtub and says, "Is this the sink? Am I shrinking?" and Roseanne is trying to talk normal to DJ through the door and says, "What do you want, DJ?" as her voice gets higher and faster

total classic!! my all time favorite shows ever were rossane and the nanny, I love these and still watch them every chance I get!! I love where Rosanne stole every kind of condiment from rodbells, and when she has to have the lie detector she is sweating bullets.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    There was an episode of The Honeymooners, where Alice and Ralph almost adopt a baby. The episode goes all the way til the very end of the show and you really see how happy Alice and Ralph are to be adopting a child. Sadly, the very last scene, the adoption falls through. I don't remember all the specifics. I just know that I cried. I never saw the episode again. I always look for mention of it on VHS and DVD sets of Honeymoom episodes. I never find it. I know that the Honeymooners were also a segment on another show, before they got their own show. Perhaps that is where that episode took place.
    I saw that one to!!! It was so sad, and I also cried. I loved the honeymooners, " to the moon Alice"

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG that was SO my grandmother! Seriously. Whem she was a kid some boy kissed her and the thought she was pregnant as a result. One of her brothers went and beat the poor kid up as a result. LOL!

Okay my fave episodes:

I Love Lucy: "Lucy Does a Commercial"... it's the one where she gets drunk off that Vitameatavegemin stuff. It's my all-time fave episode of any TV show. "It's so tasty too!"

Friends: "The One With the Embryos"... the bet where Monica & Rachel lose the apartment to Chandler & Joey is hilarious. "Big Fat Goalie" cracks me up every time.

SpongeBob Squarepants: "Life of Crime"... SpongeBob and Patrick steal a balloon.. and it pops.
    "Hall Monitor"... Mrs Puff lets SpongeBob be Hall Monitor and of course chaos ensues.
    "Bath Time"... Sponge attempts to give Gary a bath.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Once More With Feeling"... I loved it so much I bought the soundtrack.
    "Becoming"... Buffy finally accepts the fact she has to kill Angelus.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast