Thread: 'new' news

• Practically Perfect

'new' news

even with the risk of getting my head bit off by someone who "already knew this" I wanted to share this with everyone else anyways: I just read this on imdb.com:

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work We Go!
    The Pixar team of Ed Catmull and John Lasseter, who will be taking over feature animation production at the Walt Disney studios, is apparently wasting no time attempting to restore energy and morale there. Word spread Tuesday on websites devoted to animation that Catmull and Lasseter plan to bring back to the studio some of the animation talent who were let go or who resigned in the wake of Disney's decision to abandon hand-drawn animation and focus on computer-generated animation instead. The two reportedly have specifically singled out the veteran writer/director/producer team of John Musker and Ron Clements as ranking high on their list of persons they wished to rehire. On Tuesday it was announced that Disney had signed composer Alan Menken (The Little Mermaid) to a multipicture deal and had assigned him to write five songs for the upcoming live-action/hand-drawn animated film Enchanted. On Tuesday, the website o-meon.com ("for grown-up geeks") quoted a Disney animation staffer as saying, "We're just so damn happy all of this is happening. ... We just can't believe that everything we've been trying to tell [Disney management] for years if finally coming true. We finally have a chief executive in Bob Iger who understands what creativity means to the company!"

I know the basic subject has probobly already been covered, but I thought I'd share it anyways because I'm happy! enjoy

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: 'new' news

This is more great news...looks like things are starting (or even continuing) to turn around.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Okay, here's a rare look into how big of a dork I really am:

This news nearly makes me weep. I grew up with Disney. I worked for Disney. I love their legacy. To see some magic reside once again in the place where magic is most at home is so awesome. Woo Hoo!!!!

<singing> Oh, Zip Ah Dee Do Dah! Zip Ah Dee Ay! My oh my what a wondeful day......

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Okay, here's a rare look into how big of a dork I really am:

This news nearly makes me weep. I grew up with Disney. I worked for Disney. I love their legacy. To see some magic reside once again in the place where magic is most at home is so awesome. Woo Hoo!!!!

<singing> Oh, Zip Ah Dee Do Dah! Zip Ah Dee Ay! My oh my what a wondeful day......
    don't worry, I'm right there with you

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    don't worry, I'm right there with you
    Ditto.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Its like the Disney Messiah has finally arrived!

I'm so excited to see what the future holds for WDC as a whole! Animation is going to get back on track (Alan Menken!!!!), the parks are going to get better and better.

I'm with you Jazzman, a round of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is in order!!!

Thanks for the story quasimodo!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.