• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Going To See Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!!

I am so excited...I just got my tickets to see one of my very favorite bands, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, in concert on March 17.

I remember seeing them play here in my local Ventura, CA area a few times in the 90's before they really made it big.

They're playing this time at the Canyon Club in Agoura...a relatively new venue that I've never been to before.

And you have to purchase dinner to guarantee a seat for the show.

Any other BBDV fans here? Anyone else in SoCal know about the Canyon Club?

Thanks.

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Going To See Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!!

I drive by the Canyon Club on my way to work every day, I saw they were playing. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. It's a pretty small venue and they get some good acts in there. Should be a good show.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Have fun!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Ive followed them since around 1997. One of my sisters friends knows one of the members (or something like that, dont really know the whole story but they are all from Ventura County so it's like one big happy family out there - lol). I like them 'cause they are different.

i would love to see the big bad voodoo daddies in concert. i saw them once and the los angeles fair in 1999. They are so awesome!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan
    i would love to see the big bad voodoo daddies in concert. i saw them once and the los angeles fair in 1999. They are so awesome!
    I agree...and welcome, lesmisfan!

Thank You,

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

While I personally prefer Royal Crown Revue, BBVD do put on a fun show. I had the opportunity to do a swing night at The Hollywood Bowl w/ them a few years ago with dance contest winners, a local swing dance troupe, etc.

The Canyon Club is a nice little venue to enjoy just about any entertainment genre, they do a pretty good job all around. Their promotions guy, Mark Jason is about the best in the business as well.
    Have a fabulous time Barry!
    & thanks for the note & pt. too
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Happy Memories

I'm so jealous! I've tried to see them multiple times, and in each case there was some reason i wasn't able to do it, usually prior commitments on the date of their show.

Have a great time! I remember seeing BBVD at Nicholbys when they were still unknown. As far as the Canyon Club is concerned, it's a nice venue. Most of the seats are close enough to the stage that you won't have to worry about bringing binoculars. There are a few pilars that make a half dozen seats semi-obstructed, but it's likely you won't land up in one of those. I've only been there once (saw 'America'), but would go back again if the right act came along. Also, FREE PARKING! You can't go wrong with that.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm bumping up this thread because as it turns out, my wife has to work that night and can't go...I have one ticket available so if anyone is interested please PM me...

Barry