Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Seeing stars-sort of-

The title may be misleading-I did not see any stars- not literally.

My son Ian and I pride ourselves on recognizing actors, especially lesser known actors- in their various projects. Like spotting that the guy in the TV show Prison Break is the actor who played Dracula in Blade Trinity.

Just recently I added Red Dwarf to my Netflix queue- I was watching Season One and noted an actor that struck me as awfully familiar. As I pondered it- it hit me! It's Mr Weasley!

So I popped up one of my fave websites- www.imdb.com - and looked up Goblet of Fire, clicked on the actor who plays Arthur Weasley and scrolled through his history- and sure nuff, he played Olaf Peterson in some episodes of Red Dwarf.

Just a silly thing we do- but it's fun to catch people in things we don't expect. Does anyone else do this- watch something and say "Hey! I had no idea he was in this!"
    Last edited by Nephythys; 03-05-2006 at 08:30 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Seeing stars-sort of-

Totally- i do that all the time. I love imdb.com.

Like during the Oscars today- I had no idea who Amy Adams was. She looked so familiar and it was killing me. So I looked her up and realized that she was in several episodes of The Office! I felt SO much better!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

It sounds like you might be good at the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game, Neph.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I do this all the time! Last night, hubby was watching Joe Dirt and for some reason he mentioned her being on an episode of That 70's Show and I brought up that she was on Sweet Valley High. So, we looked her up to see if she played both twins or actually had a twin and it turned out it was her twin who was on that episode. You think you know a person... lol!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• My Children's Father

The wife and I have been Netflixing (Netflicking?) the prison-based TV series "Oz", which aired on HBO in the late '90s and early '00s. One of the prisoners is a paraplegic portrayed by Harold Perrineau (Michael on Lost).
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    The wife and I have been Netflixing (Netflicking?) the prison-based TV series "Oz", which aired on HBO in the late '90s and early '00s. One of the prisoners is a paraplegic portrayed by Harold Perrineau (Michael on Lost).
    I'm not even going to try to spell his name, but Mistereko was also on Oz. He played Adebisi.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Happy Memories

I always do this. My big problem though is that I need to be able to get on a computer right aqway and look them up. This is rarely an option though and I forget until days later, when I find myself thinking "I know there was something I wanted to look up??" I go through my fragile memory of what I've seen recently, looking up all sorts of unplanned things until I discover not only the answer to the original question, but also make several other connections along the way.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

^OMG- that is so me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    I'm not even going to try to spell his name, but Mistereko was also on Oz. He played Adebisi.
    That's why I call him "Ekobisi"!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Just Me

OZ has a lot of actors that can be spotted everywhere. The brother who played Cryil is a great example. It takes a while to figure out who it is because his voice is deeper and he has short hair. If you have seen the Jericho character he is much easier to spot. A mess of the actors have been or are in the Law & Order shows. Congo has a few of the black actors in it (including Adabesi).

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

and I brought up that she was on Sweet Valley High. So, we looked her up to see if she played both twins or actually had a twin and it turned out it was her twin who was on that episode. You think you know a person... lol!
    I always think of sweet valley high with that actress too at least it's not just me!

There's a character that was on 90210 towards the end of the final season that David hooks up with and I remember thinking how familar she looked when I saw her and then I realized she was the dorky sister from Charles in Charge.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I do this all the time! Last night, hubby was watching Joe Dirt and for some reason he mentioned her being on an episode of That 70's Show and I brought up that she was on Sweet Valley High. So, we looked her up to see if she played both twins or actually had a twin and it turned out it was her twin who was on that episode. You think you know a person... lol!
    Brittney Daniels! I don't know her twin's name Or if I spelled that correctly.

I love when this happens! I notice that stuff a lot.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I also do it all the time. I also read the actors biographies/trivia's

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I never knew Darren McGavin had some roles in X-Files.

I read the filmology for some of the actors in "The Ring"

and realized that David Dorfman (Aiden) was the little boy Jessica Biel runs into in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and that he will make a cameo in "Pirates of the Carribean 2".

Oh and any of you E! Network "The Soup" fans may find it interesting that host Joel McHale plays the part of the bank teller who would not give aunt May her free toaster in Spider Man 2.

An the some-what fat black man who is always at Peter Parkers bosses side also apppears in the last 30 minutes of Big Daddy during the court room scene.

He also appears during the Swiffer commercial where some guy is dusting away in a house while the officers are trying to collect evidence.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 03-06-2006 at 04:48 PM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

and my son strikes again- we are watching Season 5 of Red Dwarf and in the last episode there is one scene with this guy- "Andy". Ian looks at him and says "hey, is that Wormtail?"

So I whip out www.imdb.com again, go to GoF, click on Wormtail-Timothy Spall...scroll down and sure enough, in 1992 he played Andy in that ep of Red Dwarf.

Two Harry Potter characters both from Red Dwarf.....it's a funny coincidence.

• Reaver of Souls

My thing is voices. I hear a voice, and regardless of make-up and alterations, I'll just know I've heard it before. I recognize more people that way. Very sensitive ears... That's how I figured out The Joker on Batman: The Animated Series was Luke Skywalker! I didn't realize it until I was watching "Mask of the Phantasm" (A great batman flick, easily superior to the last 3 movies prior to Begins) and I Knew I had heard the voice before, but it took me weeks to figure it out. How long had I been watching The Animated Series before I saw that movie? I don't know. All I can say is that Joker had a lot of dialogue in that film. Moreso that the shows, so that helped...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast