Thread: Quick question

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

Quick question

Sorry if this has been discussed before but what happened to Disney Magazine, i mean i am pass holder and i got it for free then they said there were going to cease puplication.does anyone know why they did that, i really enjoyed it.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

•   
    • Minion

Re: Quick question

Quote Originally Posted by Annie89
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but what happened to Disney Magazine, i mean i am pass holder and i got it for free then they said there were going to cease puplication.does anyone know why they did that, i really enjoyed it.
    They stopped publication last year, there was a big huff about it too on SaveDisney.com... Apparently it wasn't in profit... The problem is that it was a direct decendant of Disney News which was a printed paper in the park...

The thing about it is that there was offered no real replacement for anyone... PAP's are mailed Family Fun - which is a Disney publication in it's place... It isn't the same...

My advice, if you miss it send a complaint letter to Guest Services... Someone may get the message....
    Check out my other blog:

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i only received one issue of it, since i became a PAP right before they stopped the publication. i really enjoyed it and was very disappointed to see that it wasn't going to be continuing. family fun isn't that great, IMO.
    <o>

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    family fun isn't that great, IMO.
    Especially if you don't have any kids! Then it's really a poor substitute!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    They stopped publication last year, there was a big huff about it too on SaveDisney.com... Apparently it wasn't in profit... The problem is that it was a direct decendant of Disney News which was a printed paper in the park...

The thing about it is that there was offered no real replacement for anyone... PAP's are mailed Family Fun - which is a Disney publication in it's place... It isn't the same...

My advice, if you miss it send a complaint letter to Guest Services... Someone may get the message....
    Those who subscribed or already had that subscription(sometimes offered through Disney Visa back then.) were offered a choice of continuing with Family Fun Magazine as a replacement. I know, because I wrote them and this is what Disney offered. It isn't the same I agree.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Seven Seas Buffoon

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i only received one issue of it, since i became a PAP right before they stopped the publication. i really enjoyed it and was very disappointed to see that it wasn't going to be continuing. family fun isn't that great, IMO.
    Yup. One issue here too right after activating the PAP. Then... zip. I'll check out the web publication quarterly for any discount news. It seems they are driving all AP communications now through the WDW AP site. The Disney behemoth continues to struggle mightily with the application of technology (<that's a musing for a new thread......)

•   
    • Minion

Well, yes, the news letters seem to be going the way of the dodo too... Cuts your printing costs, I guess...
    Check out my other blog: