Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Barry Bonds on Steroids? New book claims he is

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5388242?GT1=7934

NEW YORK (AP) - Barry Bonds used a vast array of performance-enhancing drugs, including steroids and human growth hormone, for at least five seasons beginning in 1998, according to a book written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters.
    According to the book, Bonds was using two undetectable designer steroids, informally known as the cream and the clear, plus insulin, human growth hormone and other performance enhancers by 2001, when he hit 73 home runs for the Giants to break Mark McGwire's single-season record of 70 set in 1998.

The book also describes how Bonds first turned to steroids following the 1998 season, attributing the decision to jealousy of the attention lavished on McGwire and Sammy Sosa during their 1998 pursuit of Roger Maris' single-season home-run record, along with a sense that McGwire was a juicer himself.
    I am absolutely loving this!!! Strip this jerk of all his records now before he breaks the greatest record in sports and alienates millions of baseball fans .... myself included.

• Minion

Re: Barry Bonds on Steroids? New book claims he is

Then you will have to strip the records of all baseball players over the last ten years... This problem is systemic... Why do you, and the press who is modivated by $$$, have to take it out on Barry?

The Problem is with Baseball, the league, and the business... Which is why I don't watch the game anymore...

Ice Hockey... Now there is a man's game...
    Check out my other blog:

• I'm your huckleberry.

They're all on steriods. McGuire was back in high school even! (I dated a former team mate of his from his days in Damian High School.... they ALL took steriods).

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Then you will have to strip the records of all baseball players over the last ten years... This problem is systemic... Why do you, and the press who is modivated by $$$, have to take it out on Barry?
    Why? The guys a jerk for one. 2 ... he's still playing. 3 ... the guys a jerk.

Honestly if this was Sammy Sosa or McGuire the fans probably wouldn't be making a stink about it. But because it's Bonds and he's such a jerk ... it's a big deal.

Secondly ... IF McGuire and Sosa did use roids they broke a single season record. Barry has the chance to break the lifetime home run record.

Sorry, but I don't want to see his name up there with the likes of Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

• Senior Minion

If Bonds has truly done this, he should be stripped of his record and banned from Baseball for LIFE! It sickens me how much these guys make. All these guys get is slap on the wrist half the time anyway. I especially love the message it sends our youth(Im sure you saw this coming)

I have to agree strip Bonds of his titles and records before he defames Ruth and Hank Aaron and destroys baseball.

I hope that this does not become common place in society.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I hope that this does not become common place in society.
    Unfortunately, I think it already is. It is certainly common place in professional sports. And I hear stories all the time about high school atheletes who turn to steriods in order to compete.

I definitely think steriod use cheapens sports. I just don't think its an unusual occurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Senior Minion

Cycling is covered in different drugs, "Blood-Boosting-performance enhancing" drugs. Yet they only give them a 3 year suspension in European races. I know over in Europe the "testing" is trying to keep up with the cheaters, and the cheaters are one step ahead of the lab.
    To be frankly honest I would not be surprised if a positive result had came up for Lance Armstrong. He was tested everyday of the Tour De'France. The funny thing was he would never race in Italy for years to come after the first accusations.
    So no athlete is to be trusted.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.
    Tref ...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am not shocked. I will be shocked, if he admits it. That is of course, if it is indeed true. Innocent, until proven guilty.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • debating what to put here

I think that the only way to bring dignity back to the sport (which I love) is to deal harshly with those that use steroids. That seems to be the only answer. I have more respect for Pete Rose than I do for Mark McGuire, yet McGuire will go to the Hall of Fame because he used a drug to enhance his performance enough to beat Maris's record. Same for Sosa and Bonds if it is, in fact, true.

As much as I love the sport, I haven't watched much in the last few years. Between free agency, interleague play, and steroid use, I barely recognize the game that was always so special to me.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Dishonesty is dishonesty. Of course, Pete Rose was known for his hustle on the ball field.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    I think that the only way to bring dignity back to the sport (which I love) is to deal harshly with those that use steroids. That seems to be the only answer. I have more respect for Pete Rose than I do for Mark McGuire, yet McGuire will go to the Hall of Fame because he used a drug to enhance his performance enough to beat Maris's record. Same for Sosa and Bonds if it is, in fact, true.

As much as I love the sport, I haven't watched much in the last few years. Between free agency, interleague play, and steroid use, I barely recognize the game that was always so special to me.
    I cant agree with you more about Pete Rose he played the game so well without enhancement drugs. It is one of those situations that will go debated for a very long time. IF IT IS TRUE then Bonds should be refused as Rose unfortunately was and is.

Sad day for BaseBall. Come on guys work hard, play hard, and you will be rewarded.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Makes me want to watch one of my favorite baseball movies. Pride of the Yankees.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Senior Minion

"The Natural" comes to mind.

• Circle of Ancients

Field of Dreams.

I'm going to start a petition to all non-SF Giants fans out there. I say that if Bonds plays this year we have baseball fans from all across the country buy tickets to SF Giants home games.

This way there won't be anybody there to see him play.

The way I look at it is if all baseball fans buy 1 ticket for 1 SF Giants home game we should be able create a pretty empty stadium (except for Season Pass holders).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast