Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tyra Banks Appreciation Thread

Tyra Banks is the sweet and sexy "All American" girl next door. This brown haired Barbie doll bombshell gives nothing but good vibes. She's anything but an over the top bimbo as many African american remale celebrities have been promoted.

You know...I din't even think of her as African american. Tyra is just a down to Earth sassy lady, who happens to be a multifaceted phenom. As a model, she's been featured on the covers of the Victoria's Secret catalog and the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition - the first African American to appear on the latter.

How cool it is that this unique lady has been awarded as one of People magazines, "50 Most Beautiful" twice. Nike and Swatch are among the company's that have featured her in their advertisements. she even appeared in Michael Jackson's Black Or White andGeorge Michael's Too Freaky videos.

She's free stylin', groovy, flamboyant and one fashionable sweerheart.

On America's Top Model, she teaches up and comers how to sashay with finess. As host of the tyra Banks Show, she interacts with guest intelligently, humorously and as a genuinely caring person. No wonder Tyra has been romanticly linked to the likes of Tiger woods, John Singleton, Michael Jordan and Mark Messier.

Her filmography includes Coyite Ugly, Higher Learning, Halloween Reserecred, and various episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Mad TV. With all of this variety, nobody will ever be able to typecast her. She's my kind of cuty.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Tyra Banks Appreciation Thread

uh-oh. have you actually ever seen her talk show?
    <o>

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    Just watched her show today. She started to advise a 25 year old girl that she is too young to worry about cosmetic surgery around her "droopy eyes" when she stopped herself and made a confession. Tyra admitted that her gorgeous brown hair is fake - it's actually solid grey! So, she admitted she had no room to criticize.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i guess i like her topics, but not the execution of them. seems very jerry-springer-trying-to-be-oprah.

hey, though, more power to ya. i don't mean to rain on your parade. i've always thought she was pretty.
    <o>

• Iron-Clad Allie

i guess i like her topics, but not the execution of them. seems very jerry-springer-trying-to-be-oprah.

hey, though, more power to ya. i don't mean to rain on your parade. i've always thought she was pretty.
    If nobody ever rained on my parade, I'd never get to use my umbrella.

• Huh?

The only thing I've really ever thought she was VERY excellent in was her role as the X-S Tech spokeswoman at the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center's teleportation demonastration.

OK... so, maybe I'm just VERY obsessed with that former attraction.
    -Tim

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Well, I really like her. I think she's gorgeous, even if some of it is fake. She's very open and very honest - and I admire that in someone that young girls might look up to as a role model. I don't say this often about a Super model, so I must really mean it

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I have seen it several times. She seems to be self-centered on it. She seems so stiff on it too.

But other than that I give her credit for sticking to her guns. Atleast she has "Top Model" going good for her right now.

• Circle of Ancients

The only clips I've ever seen of her show are from "The Soup".

There was a great one last week where she was going to go undercover as a stripper but couldn't do it because ... get this ... "It made her feel like an 'object'".

Wait a second Tyra ... Do you really think the reason why the Victoria's Secret fashion show online gets so many hits is because people want to see new bra's and panties???

Puhleese

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Me too !

• is satisfactual.

Meanwhile, did you see her explode on "America's Next Top Model"?

"I'm yelling at you, but my momma yelled at me because she loved me"

and such immortal lines. It was hilarious, but nutty as butter.

• Rock Star Minion

I agree, she is a hottie.
    Isn't she the one who has a mammogram (or a sonogram) done on her show to prove her breasts were real?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Just watched her show today. She started to advise a 25 year old girl that she is too young to worry about cosmetic surgery around her "droopy eyes" when she stopped herself and made a confession. Tyra admitted that her gorgeous brown hair is fake - it's actually solid grey! So, she admitted she had no room to criticize.
    Meh, nearly everyon'e hair is grey or will eventually be. And neary every woman colors her hair.
    I wish that her confession were more alarming.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• is satisfactual.

I agree about her little revelations and light bulb moments. It seems to me like the whole country has to watch her figure out such seemingly basic things as "being a stripper makes you feel like an object" and "being obese isn't a lot of fun". Then she cries and asks the people who actually live those lives fore more than five hours for consolation. But perhaps I'm simply not the target audience.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 03-10-2006 at 02:43 PM.

• My cuties!

Same here! My husband can't stand her based on what he's seen on The Soup!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast