Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who...

• I Hug My Tapirs

Re: Doctor Who...

Never seen Dr. Who before, but I watched on Friday night and loved it. They've won a new convert here!

Very, very odd, but in a fun way.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl

I would also like to hear the history of why Gallifrey blew up. That was not there when last I saw an episode. He said something to Rose about a war, and they lost, but that's just a sketch, really. When I left the Time Lords, they were doing nicely and yelling at the Doctor whenever they could catch up with him.
    The Time War is something new to the Doctor Who mythology.
    It looks to be a recurring theme that will be explained in the next couple of seasons.
    I don't want to give anything away if you haven't seen the first season.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Banned User

I finally found the tape m7y mom taped while i was in new york.. (thought i cheated on Rose by about a year.. lol)

I love this version of the series... Remember they redeigned stuff to make it work with new viewers.. and this is a real old TARDIS.... the time wasr is actually a theme brought over from the book series.. and a bad hint.. on Galefry one... the BBC said that the timeloards are as dead as the daleks... continue watching.. (stop watching that little teaser as it is suppost to be a surprise)

I can't wait to see the other episodes... that or go to amazon canada and pay extra shipping.. lol

• Banned User

Last friday's episode was interesting... Very retro..

I loved how this relates to the devistating Time war.. (i wonder how it will carry on into next season.. with the cybermen)

• Banned User

ok.. i hate tripple posting but..

Anyone but me still watching?? come on!

• Old Timer

Did anyone know when the first episode was created?
    Hint...It was in Black and White.

Personally I have been a follower for about 30 years now give or take, its the longest running sci-fi show ever until it was suspended in the mid 90's.

I am glad the sci-fi channel has it, I was getting tired of bootleg copies from the UK!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Know More Than You Should

Do you think my VMK name is "DoctorWho" because I don't like the show?

• Still lost in Neverland

I have watched all the episodes so far and enjoyed them all. It was especially nice to see a Dalek again. They were the best villians. I really look forward to watching this show every Friday night. Too bad this Doctor will only last one season. Season two has already started (or is about to) in the UK and it is a different Doctor but Rose is still there.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

You tube is a friend... I did what I did last time and watched the season opener.. (Ok xmas episode) and enjoyed it well...

C33, don't see you on vmk much... Hope you enjoy a few weeks from now...

I'm still watching! I think it started in the 30's or 40's. Maybe that was just the Doctor's style of dress. They've all had a particular style, though I don't much like this one's.

There's an element of the dramatic that seems to be new to this season, like they know they're coming up to a finale.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Still lost in Neverland

This Current Doctor was picked for one reason. He is a well known British actor (In England, not here) and they wanted a "name actor" to play The Doctor. The second season has been greenlighted and a new, lesser known actor will play the part now. The show is a big hit in England, I don't know about here. Rose will remain for at least the next season.

The Dr. Who show started in the early 50's if I remember correctly. Many different actors have starred on the show. It is very convient to have a character that regenerates himself whenever the need arrises, so that a new actor can come in if the actor playing the current Doctor dies, or wants to leave, or is released by the BBC for whatever reason. The older shows, done very cheaply and in black and white, were of a much more serious nature with small amoutns of humor thrown in. When Tom Baker became the Doctor (probably the best known Doctore in the US, the fun element and humor was raised to the top of the bar.

It is going to be very interesting to watch how this new version will grow and change during the remaining show for this season, and the next with a new Doctor. I for one, love the new show and hope it suceeds.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I love the theme to the 80's shows...

I made it a mp3 ringtone for my phone!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

I used to watch the Tom Baker and Peter Davison episodes when I was a kid. I loved this show! I still dig it and hope it succeeds.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

"The Empty Child"
    This epuisode opens suddenly and unexpected. it just pulls you in or rejects you, it pulled me in... (I knew the entire thing already.. lol) The child is realy freeky and well done. Jack is a real good character and has nice potential for more development. Overall

I LOVED IT!!!!

Dont forget to see "Doctor Dances" next week...

• My prices are INSANE!

Mummy? Are you my mummy? Muuuuummmy.

From this episode on, the rest season is really good. And Captain Jack Harkness is my new favorite character of the show.

"See you in hell"
    Captain Jack

P.S.
    Can't wait to see Torchwood.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast