Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who...

• Banned User

Doctor Who...

Comeone.. since Stargate atlantis SG! and Battlestar Galaxtica are over till the fall... Who's going to watch a favoritye show of mine.. (ok.. So i might have aquired the first show already... hence favorite.. lol)

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: Doctor Who...

Doctor Who premiers Friday at 9:00 pm on the Sci-Fi channel with a 2 episode bang.

It's probably some of the best sci-fi on television, don't miss it.

Here's a link. www.scifi.com/
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

We're in, taping as well as watching. We were really suprised it went to SciFi, thought for sure it would go to BBCAmerica. Bear and I are old Who fans. My personal fav was Tom Baker.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

OMG- coolness!!! I haven't seen this in years. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. I even went to school in white pants, white shirt, and cut out red question marks for my collar, a la Peter Davison, one of the few men I remember ever crushing on.

I am *so* setting TiVo. Thanks for the heads-up!!!!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Doctor Who? (Doh!)

I would very much like to see this series. Have to look about getting my cable put back on. I saw a Dalek on the Sci Fi channel at my mother's house two weekends ago and about flipped. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

• My prices are INSANE!

I will officially say I'm a Whovian (geek), since I already purchased the first series box set from Canada.
    But I'll still watch the Doctor on Sci-fi so that the ratings are good enough that they'll broadcast season 2.

And for all you old Doctor Who fans out there, Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 come back in season 2, as well as the feared Cybermen!

See you in Hell!

-Captain Jack

Stop by my website

•   
    • Minion

I am happy the Doctor is on SciFi... Bout time, really...

It is like the stars aligning themselves...

I would watch it regular, however SciFi is not on basic cable in my area, and I don't want to spend the extra shlamolians to get it... Sigh, so I am trying to get a friend to TiVo it and burn it to tape for me... That counts right?

I will wear a sprig of celery on my lapel in your honor...
    Check out my other blog:

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    I will officially say I'm a Whovian (geek), since I already purchased the first series box set from Canada.
    But I'll still watch the Doctor on Sci-fi so that the ratings are good enough that they'll broadcast season 2.

And for all you old Doctor Who fans out there, Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 come back in season 2, as well as the feared Cybermen!

See you in Hell!

-Captain Jack
    OMG. I forgot COMPLETELY forgot about K-9 until I read this. LMAO

•   
    • Minion

Now if they brought back his auto car and had a drag race with the Master, I would be impressed...
    Check out my other blog:

• Still lost in Neverland

I watched it tonight and was impressed. This is cool. I have seen almost all the Dr. Who shows since they started and this is the best one yet. Also, a budget increase due to The Canadian TV involvement makes the special effect pretty cool. And the theme song is almost the same. Just a little updated. I have a friend who has seen all the episodes from this first season in England and he says they all are great. And the Daleks are returning along with the Metal Men. This is going to be a fun show.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We made a special effort to watch this show last night and it worth it! It still had the same 'feel,' and I just can't put my finger on it yet, but I liked it!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Still lost in Neverland

This new Doctor has a whimsical way of doing things. The story line in the second part reminded my (in some parts) of the Hitchickers Guide Restaraunt At The End of The Universe, but only a little as the story went in a different direction. It was a fun way to start the sereis.

I heard them say that the complete first season of this sereis will be availabel on DVD in July. Don't forget that this was shown in England last year and we are just now getting it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I am so happy this is on! I have it TiVo'd and I'll watch it when I get home this afternoon.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I heard them say that the complete first season of this sereis will be availabel on DVD in July.
    I've had the first season DVD set since February, you can order it through Amazon Canada.
    It's region 1, so it will play in American DVD players.

That's if you don't want to wait fot the July release here in the U.S.

Stop by my website

Ok, watched both episodes.

I like the whimsy of the new guy. The girl's kind of cute. But there's something about him that reminds me of Al Bundy. That disturbs me somehow.

I don't like the new TARDIS control room. It's dingy and ugly. I think they were going for "organic" but it's just ugly. I don't like his controls on the board, either. Spin the wheel for "time forward" is fine but he has to pump it like a leaky bicycle tire?? Huh.

He also needs *way* better clothes. He's boring. All the other ones stood out, except maybe for the first ones. They just wore suits; maybe they were working in the different clothing styles. Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Colin whats-his-name had clear style. This guy is just... black. Please, tell me he develops a personality!!!

I would also like to hear the history of why Gallifrey blew up. That was not there when last I saw an episode. He said something to Rose about a war, and they lost, but that's just a sketch, really. When I left the Time Lords, they were doing nicely and yelling at the Doctor whenever they could catch up with him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast