View Poll Results: Where should the 3rd Fantasmic! go?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tokyo

2 11.76%
  • Paris

5 29.41%
  • Hong Kong

10 58.82%

• ...TWO BITS!

Which resort should get the next Fantasmic! show?

This thread relates to Fantasmic! show addition ideas I had here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21875

I figured why bother tweaking the original show in DLR when it could actually be put into another park that needs it?! I put this thread here because I'm not really sure where else to put it. So should the 3rd Fantasmic! show go to Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong? I don't think Paris needs it because they already have a Capt. Hook ship in their Adventureland. Hong Kong is a bit bare right now. And the OLC or OLTC in Tokyo would definately put a lot of money and effort into a show like this. However, they have TDS's BraviSEAmo to match up with Fantasmic. Then again, that show is not quite the success they want it to be. But my vote goes to Hong Kong, they desperately need more offerings.

Would there be any cultural barriers with F! in Hong Kong??

BTW, if I didn't mention this before, the new pirate ship in the show will be designed more like the one in the Peter Pan film instead of using a ship like the Columbia in DLR.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

•   
    • Minion

Re: Which resort should get the next Fantasmic! show?

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    This thread relates to Fantasmic! show addition ideas I had here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21875

I figured why bother tweaking the original show in DLR when it could actually be put into another park that needs it?! I put this thread here because I'm not really sure where else to put it. So should the 3rd Fantasmic! show go to Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong? I don't think Paris needs it because they already have a Capt. Hook ship in their Adventureland. Hong Kong is a bit bare right now. And the OLC or OLTC in Tokyo would definately put a lot of money and effort into a show like this. However, they have TDS's BraviSEAmo to match up with Fantasmic. Then again, that show is not quite the success they want it to be. But my vote goes to Hong Kong, they desperately need more offerings.

Would there be any cultural barriers with F! in Hong Kong??

BTW, if I didn't mention this before, the new pirate ship in the show will be designed more like the one in the Peter Pan film instead of using a ship like the Columbia in DLR.
    Aren't Dragons good in Chinese Mythology? Yeah, I don't think it would be a good export... It would have to be altered so Mickey conjurs up the dragon to battle, say the bald mountain demon...

I don't know... As much as I like Fantasmic and find the whole show spectical amazing, and worth the price of paid admission in itself... I think Disney needs to focus on new night time shows... It would be nice to have something spectacular going on in Tomorrowland...

Also new night time shows need to be developed... Having one in DCA is a great idea - but can you get something up to par with specitcal that wows the crowed, like Fantasmic's fire and water projection effects...

I am uncertain why this would be in the business forum...
    Check out my other blog:

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Aren't Dragons good in Chinese Mythology? Yeah, I don't think it would be a good export... It would have to be altered so Mickey conjurs up the dragon to battle, say the bald mountain demon...

It would be nice to have something spectacular going on in Tomorrowland...

I am uncertain why this would be in the business forum...
    So would Paris' Walt Disney Studios be a better fit? I know that park isn't doing so well and is lacking in entertainment.

I was thinking why wouldn't Disney put a nighttime laser, fog, light show in Tomorrowland as well. More importantly, the kind of lasers that make animated images on, let's say, Space Mountain. At night, they could raise projectors up from over the TL buildings and leave it there. Similar to what they do with show lights over Main Street. And then perhaps every 15-30 minutes they show something cool. And each showing is different from the one before. Like there could be a Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Adventure Thru Inner Space, 20,000 Leagues, Sub Voyage, Monorail/ Peoplemover?, Carousseul of Progress, Space Mountain, etc etc. And general lasers could hover over the skies of TL (ala D-MGM's Voyage of the Little Mermaid laser sea/wave effect) I don't think a 15-20 minute show shown once or twice a night would work because TL would be insanely crowded.

I didn't no where else to put this thread. Can someone perhaps put this thread in a more approipate place, that be great.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I don't which one should get it ... but I do know which one will be getting the next Fantasmic show ... Disneyland.

Yes, a new version ... look for it in 2007 or 2008.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    So would Paris' Walt Disney Studios be a better fit? I know that park isn't doing so well and is lacking in entertainment.
    It is only because many of the images in the show such as the fire breathing dragon is a Euro-Centric idea (Based on an indo-asian myth). Based on the legend of George and the Dragon... Which is a Middle Eastern folktale..

I don't think Mickey should be fighting a fire breathing dragon in Hong Kong... Mickey would be seen as an evil figgure. Because a Dragon is a godlike figgure.... Not a good idea...
    Check out my other blog:

• ...TWO BITS!

Then again, I thought Eastern dragons were supposed to be good and Western dragons bad. Would people in Hong Kong understand that?? Disney would probably not risk it. Then again, wasn't there a dragon in Tokyo Disneyland's castle??

Someone from the other Fantasmic thread pointed out Pocahontas & John Smith, a new Ursula barge, and perhaps 3 new dancing monkeys would appear maybe 2007 or 2008. They said they heard it coming since Fall 2005. I didn't hear anything about that before...

Did Bob Iger have something to do with this, or is there something else to it? Just curious.

-Jurassic Park

• Banned User

whoever it is can have MGM's. I am sick of it. I saw DL's version in july and loved it.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ haha. I think what turned me off with WDW's is was the long water screen after The Lion King. Then they had all these bubbles with characters in them (also used for DLR's Remember fireworks on Small World facade). That part was just WAY too long. I know on stage, they're setting up for the Pocahontas battle (I think). But the audience is just sitting there watching film clips on a water screen for the longest time...

Pirate battle is better than Pocahontas battle. But the Pocahontas scene makes for a better transition to the Princess Medley.

Jafar snake was okay. Trying to make it different than Kaa. But they put in too many villains and they morph into one another... EH.

The whole dragon scene went too long and it looks a bit tacky to me that a Mickey makes a water fountain prison for her... Mickey taking the Sword in the Stone is good.

And of course their Steamboat Willie is no Mark Twain.

-Jurassic Park

• Banned User

i hate the pocahontas scene. I know they had to do something because they didn't have the columbia, but I would rather have had the pirates invade the island than pocohontas. seriously yuck. noone that I have gone to fantasmic with has liked that section. and that's been at least 200 people. every one of them says that is their least favorite part. It doesn't fit the rest of the show.

A wildly new and elaborate Fantasmic for Hong Kong that utilises Penny's Bay and a stadium built partly into the mountain on Lantau Island where the park is. It wouldn't have to be connected to the HKDL park, as it could be the basis for a second park..

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Paris

• Former Epcot CM

A purpose built stadium in Paris.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Former Epcot CM

A purpose built stadium in Paris.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Married and happy again!!

I voted HK for the pure and simple reason since it is new and still small it needs more attractions it would be a great addition for them. Dl version would work best probably with it's pirates instead of Pocahontas (even though I prefer MGM's version to DL's anyday , sorry if I'm the only one but I love Pocahontas and it fits the show just fine). I just think the Chinese would like it better. By the way I have heard plenty at MGM who just love the Pocahontas scene everyone has diffrent taste. We all don't need to like everything the sameway, it be boaring if we did.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 03-19-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!