Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

"Big Love" - Anyone else watching?

I've watched the first two episodes of Big Love on HBO. So far so good, its pretty interesting, tastefully handled, and the characters are intriguing. However, Nikki is so annoying I'm really close to not wanting to watch the show because I hate her so much!!!!

Anyone else watching this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• most magical vaca ever

Re: "Big Love" - Anyone else watching?

I watched the first episode.... thought it was pretty good... wanted to watch after the Sopranos on Sunday but we weren't home and needed to go. Going to catch the rerun this week.
    ~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I've enjoyed the series so far - very original indeed. Never thought I'd hear one of my favorite Beach Boys tunes used as a theme for a show like this!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rock Star Minion

I'm watching.
    Still waiting for a nude scene that does not consist only of Bill Paxson's butt.
    BTW, I think you're supposed to hate Nikki.

Wondering if Bill's father (played by Bruce Dern) knows whether Roman is poisoning him (or if Roman actually is poisoning him)? And why?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I'm watching.
    Still waiting for a nude scene that does not consist only of Bill Paxson's butt.
    BTW, I think you're supposed to hate Nikki.

Wondering if Bill's father (played by Bruce Dern) knows whether Roman is poisoning him (or if Roman actually is poisoning him)? And why?
    Oh, I know I'm supposed to hate Nikki. I'm just really, REALLY hating her.

I was thinking that Bill's dad DID know it was Roman when he eyeballed the drink in the hospital room. But if so, why is he still being loyal to Roman?

I'm interested to hear more of the back story on how Bill and Boss Lady took on some new wives. Sounds like there's some drama there.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

it's the most interesting thing on tv right now. i love margine she is so sweet. and I feel sorry for nikki because she was indocrinated into the lifestyle and I think you are going to find that bill married her in order to get money for the store.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    I think you are going to find that bill married her in order to get money for the store.
    Ooooohhhhhhh!!!! Good thinking!!!! That's a twist I wouldn't have thought of!

• Circle of Ancients

It seems interesting, but I have WAY too many shows that I watch already. I just added "The Unit" to my schedule so I'm afraid to add anything else.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Ooooohhhhhhh!!!! Good thinking!!!! That's a twist I wouldn't have thought of!
    Roman is Nikki's dad, according to the first episode.

Also, I'd like to know what Bill "had to do" when he was booted off the ranch at 14.

As an aside. the chick from Napoleon Dynamite (befriending the oldest daughter) plays an interesting Mormon character.

And, is the oldest son going to be gay?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Also, I'd like to know what Bill "had to do" when he was booted off the ranch at 14.
    I could be wrong, but I thought I heard Barb or someone mention that the boys got booted off the ranch so the older men didn't have competition for the young girls.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    I could be wrong, but I thought I heard Barb or someone mention that the boys got booted off the ranch so the older men didn't have competition for the young girls.
    Oh, I understood why he was forced to leave. I've read other articles about compounds like this one, and it's the same thing.

What I want to know is what Bill meant when he said to his father, "You don't what I had to do in order to survive..." or something to that effect. I.e., after he was booted off the compound.

• I'm your huckleberry.

What I want to know is what Bill meant when he said to his father, "You don't what I had to do in order to survive..." or something to that effect. I.e., after he was booted off the compound.
    OH, okay, I get it. Yeah, I'm curious about that one too. Looks like there's plenty of back story and drama to unfold!

• Banned User

think about it what could an uneducated 14 year old do? oh and the son isn't gay, they talked about him on some talk show before the show premiered. he likes girls alot, maybe too much. He likes the idea of polygamy. the oldest daugter doesn't.

• most magical vaca ever

I'm sure boss lady having a hysterectomy had something to do with Bill taking on more wives. You know if he only had 2 children he'd probably rot

I saw the second episode last night... I like the show- it feels like a "Six Feet Under" type of show. Very different so I will keep on watchin
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    It seems interesting, but I have WAY too many shows that I watch already. I just added "The Unit" to my schedule so I'm afraid to add anything else.
    I started watching The Unit also. I love it!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast