Posting in the News Forum *** (Read First) ***
Welcome to the News Forum of MiceChat
For your convenience, we have a crew of members who scour the internet for Disney (and related) news and post links and summaries here.
POSTING AND RESPONDING IN THE NEWS FORUM:
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU SEE A POST WHICH DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE RULE?
- Only members of the News Crew are able to start a new thread in this forum. If you find a news item, you may send a link to any member of the News Crew and they will post it for you. Or you can post it yourself in one of the other forums.
- You may respond to new posts in the News Forum. However, this is one area of the site where we do not allow completely open discussion. You must stick strictly to the subject matter of the news item. Debate between members is strongly discouraged in this forum and personal attacks or any post which derails the topic will be removed.
- If you wish to strongly debate an item, please discuss it in the debate lounge instead.
For the first year of our site operation, we did not allow any discussion in the News Forum at all. We are now opening it up for limited discussion. Our goal is not to infringe upon your ideas or free speech, but rather to maintain the dignity of the news and prevent members from attempting to derail a legitimate news discussion.
- If you see members attempting to derail the topic or see someone attacking other members, please report the post immediately with the report post icon in the lower left corner of the offending post.
- Never respond to an offending post or quote it in your post. All posts which do not conform to the rules of the News Forum will be removed.
Thank you and enjoy the news.
-The MiceChat Staff