Ruminations: A sneak preview of the Walt Disney Family Museum
by Roger Colton - 03-23-06
Original story at : http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1896

It is no secret that I have many reasons to love the City that is San Francisco. Like many visitors, I find an attraction in the neighborhoods, the people, the places and the food. So, if something else were to come along that would make me enjoy it all the more, how would I feel about it? After today, I can say pretty darn great!

Loyal readers of this space may recall that last September, I shared a look at one of the oldest and most historical places in the City. Located on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula, The Presidio continues to be a place where the past meets the present and the future awaits. Under the direction of the Presidio Trust, this jewel of an urban park continues to evolve as reuse plans unfold. In a place where so much historic fabric exists, the challenge is how to incorporate the past safely and respectfully into the future.

One very important element of that future is The Walt Disney Family Museum. If everything goes as planned, sometime in late 2008 or early 2009, the doors will open to the public on a very special place to share the story and the legacy of Walt Disney.