• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post Pixar Cars Premier Information - Picture and Trailer

Pixar's Cars Premier - Press Release - Trailer
    March 23, 2006
    Source: Disney Publicity

Thank you to Sue Kruse for forwarding on information regarding the May 26th premier of the Disney Pixar film, Cars, at the famous Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (March 23, 2006) – Disney•Pixar’s exciting new computer‐animated feature “CARS” will stage its World Premiere on May 26th at Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina in one of the most unique and elaborate movie events of all‐time, it was announced today by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. Paul Newman, Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, Larry the Cable Guy, NASCAR legends Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip, and others from the voice cast of the film will be joined by a host of stars from the racing world and 30,000 guests that are expected to attend the “CARS” World Premiere, taking place at the same location as that weekend’s famous Coca Cola 600 NASCAR race. The screening of the film represents the first multi‐screen digital cinema premiere ever, with Texas Instruments and its DLP Cinema® technology serving as Disney’s event technology partner in providing the digital cinema projectors. A series of four giant custom‐built outdoor movie screens (115‐feet wide and 50‐feet tall) will be constructed at Lowe’s Motor Speedway at Turn #2 of the track. Each screen will have three DLP Cinema 2K digital projectors dedicated to it. A state‐of‐the‐art sound system is also being created and installed for the event. Academy Award®‐winning filmmaker John Lasseter (“Toy Story,” “A Bug’s Life,” “Toy Story 2”), who directed “CARS” will also be attending along with producer Darla K. Anderson (“A Bug’s Life,” “Monsters, Inc.”), and other key players from Pixar Animation Studios and The Walt Disney Studios.
    The latest trailer can be viewed here: http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures...p_trailer.html

The full text of the press release is attached below as an Acrobat file:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dustysage; 03-24-2006 at 07:42 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: Pixar Cars Premier Information - Picture and Trailer

OMG that is totally cool! I wish I could schedule a trip to go out to Charlotte for that premier! Any MiceChatters out there want to report on it?!?! PLEEEEEEEEEESE!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Merry 2014!

wow , that sounds so awesome! I wish I could be there because it sounds like quite the premiere. I love the poster!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

CARS Movie Premiere May 26 at LMS - 3/24/06

CARS Movie Premiere May 26 at LMS
    Posted 3/24/2006
    Full story at http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/ne...ws/505836.html

Disney.Pixar's exciting new computer-animated feature "CARS" will stage its World Premiere on May 26th at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina in one of the most unique and elaborate movie events of all-time, it was announced today by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. Paul Newman, Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, Larry the Cable Guy, NASCAR legends Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip, and others from the voice cast of the film will be joined by a host of stars from the racing world and 30,000 guests that are expected to attend the "CARS" World Premiere, taking place at the same location as that weekend's famous Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race. The screening of the film represents the first multi-screen digital cinema premiere ever, with Texas Instruments and its DLP CinemaR technology serving as Disney's event technology partner in providing the digital cinema projectors. A series of four giant custom-built outdoor movie screens (115-feet wide and 50-feet tall) will be constructed at Lowe's Motor Speedway at Turn #2 of the track. Each screen will have three DLP Cinema 2K digital projectors dedicated to it. A state-of-the-art sound system is also being created and installed for the event. Academy AwardR-winning filmmaker John Lasseter ("Toy Story," "A Bug's Life," "Toy Story 2"), who directed "CARS" will also be attending along with producer Darla K. Anderson ("A Bug's Life," "Monsters, Inc."), and other key players from Pixar Animation Studios and The Walt Disney Studios.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    but the fact that the trailer looked only ho-hum, pre-release buzz up until this point has been pretty average, and it's a movie about racing cars. In Pixar we trust, I guess...
    (edited)
    Sorry, my post had nothing to do with the news in the thread.

Carry on.
    Last edited by sediment; 03-24-2006 at 04:31 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

I actually thought the trailer looked good.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I liked this trailer better than the ones for Nemo and Monsters. This one lets you know what the movie will be about without giving too much of the story away. I found it to be cute and funny. The voices sound great. How on earth did they talk Paul Newman into doing a voice for an animated feature?
    Find us on Facebook:

• The one, the only...

I wish I could go. It really looks fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing the movie soooo much! Thanks for the info..
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I went to the Lowes website and already bought tickets! The site said that the tickets will not be delivered for awhile because they want to send more goodies with the tickets. Even if I can't go, some of the money for the tickets goes to charity. But, we get to fly for free since my husband is an airline pilot, so chances are we will be there. I will send my report if no one else does.

• Old Timer

WOW! Nascar is pulling out the stops this year! I bought the Trackpass for my PC and its a real hoot hearing all the chatter of the drivers while watching the race on my bigscreen TV, and ever since I heard Jennifer Nettles and Bon Jovi sing Who Says you Can't go Home at the opening of the Daytona 500 I bought the CD and play it over and over.

Cars looks and feels like it will be the best yet from Pixar, just imagining to be able to see it on the huge screens with the sound system at the track is mindboggling.

I'm so glad Eisner planned all this.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt
    I went to the Lowes website and already bought tickets!
    We look forward to hearing what they send you with your tickets and about the event itself.
    Find us on Facebook:

I'm there!!