• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Gays head to Disneyland for "Mini Gay Day" April 1 - The Advocate, 3/25/06

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid28293.asp

Organizers of the annual autumn "Gay Days" at the Disneyland theme parks in Anaheim, Calif., announced this week that a special "Mini Gay Day" event would be held this year on April 1. The informal gathering—which is not sponsored by the Disney Company—is timed to take place halfway between the much larger first-weekend-in-October event, "because you can never have enough fairies and evil queens in your life," the organizers said in a statement. "We always hear from gays and lesbians who would love there to be a Gay Day at Disneyland every weekend. This mini event is a great way to get together a few months before the big weekend in October."

The event at the Disneyland park is a "mix in," for which LGBT parkgoers typically wear red shirts to identify themselves among other park visitors. Organizers have planned a number of happenings over the course of that Saturday, including a "Single Riders Gathering" at the Jungle Cruise, a group photo, and an unofficial cocktail reception at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. For more information, visit www.GayDay2.com/.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• hang on to your hats &...

Re: Gays head to Disneyland for "Mini Gay Day" April 1 - The Advocate, 3/25/06

Last October's Gay Days was fun!

I'd love to go but I'm always suspicious of doing anything on April 1st.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

April 1st is my hubby's bday. Should I surprise him with a trip to DL for the meet?
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    I'd love to go but I'm always suspicious of doing anything on April 1st.
    You read my mind.

I won't be able to go; working that night. Too far to drive and be to work on time.
    Have fun, everybody!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.