Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Why's there no Walt Disney movie yet???

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That was Paul's drunken American uncle, I believe. Many people don't know that.
    The funny think is that back then Sen. McCartney was fighting against drug use while at the same time he took drugs...

Okay back to the main topic.

I don't think Disney Company has to have any say in whether or not a Walt disney biopic is created. I mean they can't copywright a human being so its not like any film makers would be sued or anything...Unless they use any copyrighted Disney material in the film.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler

SCUBabe, the situation in which Walt claimed to be blackmailed took place back during the 1940's when Senator McCartney was accusing Members of Hollywood that they had connections with Communism. Walt was one of the accused and felt like he was set up. Most people know that Walt hated Communists.
    no, it was in a movie about the making of another movie.....I wish I could remember the name. However, the movie it was about was about Hearst and he did NOT want it released and he threatned alot of studio heads with pictures and information he had on them. Since Heasrt owned alot of newspapers it was very effective. However, the movie was still released, because Hearst was lsoing power and his money at the time. The move was called RKO (and some number after it). I remember it was about the making and the difficultied surrounding the making of citizen cane. However, what they were using to blavkmail him with I had heard before so I found it kind of interesting in a passing thought kind of way....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

First of all...
    Senator McCarthy speaking during the Army-McCarthy hearings, April 28, 1954.
    Secondly,
    are you asking why another major studio would want to spend millions of dollars to theoretically help promote Disney by making a biopic of Walt Disney?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    First of all...
    Senator McCarthy speaking during the Army-McCarthy hearings, April 28, 1954.
    Oh, why'd you have to go and do that? I had a few more jokes to post.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

did I say McCartney??? Whoops I meant McCarthy. My bad

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Oh, why'd you have to go and do that? I had a few more jokes to post.
    Forgive me, my head was about to burst and envelop in flames like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man in 'Ghostbusters'!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Forgive me, my head was about to burst and envelop in flames like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man in 'Ghostbusters'!
    Well, if it was that bad, then alright.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

Besides what is being said... DisneyWar would make a great movie... I'd pay to see it...
    Check out my other blog:

• ...TWO BITS!

You know what, I'm just gonna go ahead and do this on my own. Maybe my finished product will confince the company to make the Hollywood version.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^
    You'll need this, good luck!

http://www.missouribusiness.net/film/

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Besides what is being said... DisneyWar would make a great movie... I'd pay to see it...
    Yeah, DisneyWar as a movie would be wonderfull. They could extend it to 2005/2006 with Iger and have a happy ending. It's a clasic good vs. evil story, and good always wins.

• Banned User

no, it was in a movie about the making of another movie.....I wish I could remember the name. However, the movie it was about was about Hearst and he did NOT want it released and he threatned alot of studio heads with pictures and information he had on them.
    that movie was citizen kane. and hearst did everything in his power to stop it including blackballing orson wells. actually I don't think a movie about walt would be a big box office draw. ray and walk the line were about entertainers and walk the line didn't get made till after both cash's died because they didn't want their adultery known. Walt wasn't an entertainer he was a producer, and frankly lead a pretty boring life. now a tv movie might work but they make fewer and fewer of these. maybe hbo could take it on. but unless they dug up some selatious stuff- like he was a secret cross dresser who liked to be spanked. i don't think he makes a good enough subject for a theatrical release.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I don't think Disney Company has to have any say in whether or not a Walt disney biopic is created. I mean they can't copywright a human being so its not like any film makers would be sued or anything...Unless they use any copyrighted Disney material in the film.
    That'd be a pretty boring film.

I think the better movie would be Walt and Roy. Roy really was an unsung hero who kept Walt in business. I can't imagine Roy was happy with Walt always sending him out of town and working behind his back, i.e. changing the Disney Bros. Studios to Walt Disney Studios.

• Huh?

There was once a Walt biopic proposed, but it was turned down....

Back when they were going to make a Einstein biopic as a follow-up to Tron (using the CGI technology to illustrate his theories), Ron Miller met with Richard Dreyfus about starring as Einstein in the movie. His response was, "Thanks, but this is the biopic I really want to do..." and proposed a Walt Disney biopic that he could star in. He was VERY persistent, apparently, but Ron Miller knew that neither him nor the family wanted such a movie to be made ever. Neither project ever got made because of the dissapointment of Tron, Card Walker, the overthrow by Roy E. Disney, etc...

So far, only the following have portrayed Walt Disney on film:

1. Roger Allam (Walt Disney)
      . . . RKO 281 (1999) (TV)
    2. Corey Burton (Walt Disney)
      . . . Inside Walt's Story Meetings (2005) (V)
    3. Len Cariou (Walt Disney)
      . . . Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes: The Annette Funicello Story, A (1995) (TV)
    4. Walter Fenner (Walt Disney)
      . . . Once Upon a Time (1944)
    5. Brett Gaylor (I) (Walt Disney's brain)
      . . . They Saved His Brain (1999)
    6. Christian Hoff (Young Walt Disney)
      . . . "Disneyland" (1954) {Walt Disney: One Man's Dream (#28.12)} TV Series
    7. Christian Hoff (Walt Disney as a boy)
      . . . Walt Disney: One Man's Dream (1981) (TV)
    8. Kurtwood Smith (Walt Disney's Head)
      . . . "Robot Chicken" (2005) {Nutcracker Sweet (#1.2)} TV Series
    -Tim

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Have any of the findings in the book "Walt Disney, Hollywood's Dark Prince" been discussed here recently? I said in this thread a reference to Disney and Senator McCarthy. I read the book when it came out in the 90's and interviewed its author...and certainly got a slightly different view of Uncle Walt...
    From amazon.com...

From Library Journal
    This book is called the first truly unauthorized biography, and in the case of Disney, unauthorized is important because all previous "authorized" biographies had to pass the scrutiny of Disney Studios. Without manuscript approval, the Disney archives were off-limits to Eliot ( Down Thunder Road: The Making of Bruce Springsteen , LJ 8/92), although their contents could be gleaned from other works on his subject. This volume includes interviews--both anonymous and attributed--with former Disney animators. The darker side of Disney includes his cooperation with the House Un-American Activities Committee and the FBI, as well as "Uncle Walt's" strong antiunion campaigns. His troubled personal life is explored both as biography and as the source of his creative expressions. While not without flaws, this book is essential for any library that wants to provide an alternative to the sanitized versions of Dinsey's life."
    Dinsey - their spelling by the way.

If you were looking for a movie showing warts and all...that might be it...of course, it would never be allowed.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast