• Diamond In The Rough

Creator bails on "Arrested"!

Over at Variety there's the story that Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz has decided not move with the show if it goes to Showtime.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...7&cs=1&s=h&p=0

He's citing financial and creative concerns. My favorite quote is -
    "Of course, if there was enough money in it, I would have happily abandoned the fans' need for quality. But as it turns out, there wasn't."

The report also says that Showtime aren't interested in picking up AD without Hurwitz.
    I'm sad that this looks like the death knell for the Bluths, but I'd rather have 3 perfect seasons than some compromised version of the show struggling along until cancellation.

What are your feelings on this?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Let the magic begin!

Re: Creator bails on "Arrested"!

I love the Bluths!

Thank god for the internet is all I have to say. Australian TV is pretty unreliable with screening the show (and when it does bother it's VERY late at night: we're talking midnight!). I've been able to download everything up until where it got the axe.

I really hope Showtime pick it up. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite comparable in humour. Definately the best comedy on television.

• My cuties!

but I'd rather have 3 perfect seasons than some compromised version of the show struggling along until cancellation.
    Exactly! Look at The West Wing -- great show until Sorrkin left and while it is still good, it is not even close to as good as it was with him. Arrested Development is definitely one of the best comedies on TV; too bad Fox couldn't see that and replaced it with crap like The Loop and Free Ride.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Hey, this guy went to my high school! Random, eh? I just discovered it a few weeks ago.
    A signature should go here.

I think the AD crew should hire Paul Feig as showrunner. He has the experience working with television in this role when he did Freaks and Geeks, and he's directed at least five AD episodes. Additionally, I think Paul has the talent and creative vision to take the show to an even higher level, especially on a cable network.

• Married and happy again!!

I am going to really miss that show. It was one of the smartes comedys that has every been on tv.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!