• Circle of Ancients

Farce of the Penguins

This could possibly be the best movie ever.

All-star cast set for "March of Penguins" spoof
    Friday March 24 8:07 PM ET

Actor Samuel L. Jackson has signed on to narrate an upcoming spoof of the Oscar-winning documentary "March of the Penguins" with an all-star supporting voice cast, independent studio ThinkFilm said on Friday.

"Farce of the Penguins," mixing archival wildlife footage with an R-rated screenplay written and directed by comedian Bob Saget, is aimed for a late-summer theatrical release, ThinkFilm spokesman Alex Klenert said.
    In press materials, ThinkFilm described "Farce of the Penguins" as the story of "one penguin's search for love while on a 70-mile (112-km) trek with his libidinous buddies on their way to a hedonistic mating ritual."

Saget will supply the voice of several characters, including the lovelorn penguin at the center of the story, with Tracy Morgan, Lewis Black and Mo'Nique as some of his pals.

Saget, who hosted the popular TV show "America's Funniest Home Videos" for several years after starring on family sitcom "Full House" from 1987 to 1995, also has rounded up a group of well-known friends for cameo voice roles in the film. They include Jason Alexander, James Belushi, Norm Crosby, Whoopi Goldberg, Gilbert Gottfried, Jon Lovitz, Norm Macdonald and Abe Vigoda.

Jackson, an Oscar nominee for his role in "Pulp Fiction," will narrate the picture, a takeoff on the French-made nature film that became worldwide box office hit and won the Oscar for best documentary.

The original film, narrated by actor Morgan Freeman for the U.S. release, chronicled the journeys of emperor penguins across the frozen wasteland of Antarctica to mate, lay their eggs and bear their young.

Saget said he got the idea for the film while watching the original "March of the Penguins" at a friend's house.

"I couldn't stop doing the voice-overs of the penguins, reminiscent of when I did those animal voices on that video show back in the day," he said.

Privately owned ThinkFilm also was a distributor behind the Oscar-nominated documentary "Murderball" and the film featuring Saget and other comics performing various renditions of the off-color "Aristocrats" joke.
    Reuters/VNU

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Farce of the Penguins

You're right! I've had the great pleasure of working with Saget on a few occasions, so nice and funny, funny. Here's a bit more on the film:

Saget has also gathered a number of his friends and colleagues in cameo roles, including (in alphabetical order): Jason Alexander, James Belushi, Jason Biggs, Dane Cook, Norm Crosby, Dave Coulier, Adam Duritz, Harvey Fierstein, Whoopi Goldberg, Gilbert Gottfried, Alyson Hannigan, Penn Jillette, Jaime Kennedy, David Koechner, Lori Loughlin, Jon Lovitz, Norm Macdonald, Carlos Mencia, Jeffrey Ross, Jonathan Silverman, John Stamos, and Abe Vigoda*. According to Saget, "There are more cameos to come. I'm fortunate to know a lot of incredibly talented people and they all want to be a penguin."

Saget says, "One of the gifts is Samuel Jackson narrating our film. He's a brilliant actor who will bring so much to this film comedically. I'm truly privileged that he is the voice that tells our story and that he is such an incredibly funny and dimensioned character. Lewis Black, Mo'Nique, and Tracy Morgan brought such individually brilliant comedic voices; I thought I'd written an irreverent script until each of them had their way with it!"
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...7032006-1.html

*Yea Fishbulb!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients