Thread: More News...

• Practically Perfect

Post More News...

here's the latest...or what I could find. Enjoy.

Randy Fullmer, who produced Disney's Chicken Little, and Mark Dindal, who directed it, have quietly quit the company, the animation website O-meon.com reported Wednesday. In an interview, both Fullmer and Dindal denied that the takeover of Disney's animation business by Pixar execs played any part in their decision to leave. Fullmer said that he just wanted to "do my own things for awhile," adding: "It was great to work with 400 people in that sort of collaborative thing but it would just be nice to go back and be an individual artist for awhile." Dindal said that he was interested in making a film combining live action with animation. "I started to save up some money so that I could strike out for about a year and see what I could do as far as trying to get a film along those lines." He did not indicate whether he had approached Disney about such a project.

• Practically Perfect

Re: More News...

Quote Originally Posted by imdb.com
    Pixar's Lasseter Plans To Revive Hand-Drawn Animation
    Hand-drawn animation may not be dead, after all. Pixar's creative chief, John Lasseter, has told Time magazine that he may restore Disney's traditional animation unit, which the studio dismantled in response to the success of computer-generated animation, like that employed by Pixar. "Of all studios that should be doing 2-D animation, it should be Disney," Lasseter said in an interview with film critic Richard Corliss. "We haven't said anything publicly, but I can guarantee you that we're thinking about it. Because I believe in it."
    I know this is more of the same old news...but I thought it was worth sharing. Let's hope it's a big step in the right direction

• Banned User

It would be great if they came out with something that just blew everyone away and shut up all these critics that say the art form is dead. I recently watched Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast and just thought to myself, "Wow." I mean there are no other animated movies out there that cant out-do them. They are so beautiful and rich, they blow me away everytime I see them. I hope we will see something like that from Disney again one of these days and no more mumbo jumbo like Chicken Little.

• Dancer

I totally and completely agree. Even today i still prefer Disney over that Dreamworks junk...but watching Cinderella..and all of those classics..the story line for eacho of those movies are so one of a kind and Disney has not only been able to get a unique story line but also beautiful animation to go along with it. In the past like 3 or 4 years i haven't necessarily had a desire to go and see the Disney movies in theaters...and its a little disappointing
    ~To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.~

~Come on Cubbies!!!~

• Banned User

actaully this makes alot of sense. Yesterday went to see cars and all the trailers were for other annimated films. Every single one of them was CGI. so if disney could do an awsome 2-d movie ... it would be different enough to stand out. and with lassetter directing, at least the story will be awsome. let's see how enchanted works out. if it's a go then possibly there will be more 2-d animation.

• Banned User

^^Could you believe it? I mean I was so blown away how many of these films that studios are pumping out. And everyone that wasn't Disney looked stupid visually and story-wise. The only one that stood out was Ratatoullie(?) and maybe Meet the Robinsons. Disney's movies were the only ones that got a laugh and response from the audience.