• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Apple vs The Big Apple

I found this story to be rather alarming. Has anyone else heard this?

Steve Jobs, Pixar and Apple CEO, has a vision. He may also be biting off more than he can chew. As if a legal battle over company logos with The Beatles wasn't enough he now seems poised to take on the trademarked nickname of the United State's largest city.

What is especially disturbing is that the reasoning for the inevitable confrontation, his previously mentioned vision, is something that will shake the very foundation of The Disney Company. He is proposing that in order to generate more business at Disney's California Adventure the park needs some major changes- including the name and theme. Jobs has stated that they need to build a better mousetrap, a choice of words that does not sit well with Disney.

His plans for the new park? Disney's California Adventure will become Disney's America. The first major change will be to Sunshine Plaza which will become, You guessed it, The Big Apple. Plans are already underway to theme the park with downloadable features and locations that incorporate ipods (available throughout the park) with merchandise such as Pixar music and video as well as park information. Plans are also being drawn up to include a new Apple store in the Disney shopping district.

It remains to be seen whether or not his proposal will be accepted. Up to the minute information is available here.

Re: Apple vs The Big Apple

What's more alarming is that it's April 3rd and these stories are still making their way across the web...

I love April Fools as much as the next person, but on the 3rd, I usually do a double take...

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    I found this story to be rather alarming. Has anyone else heard this?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: Apple vs The Big Apple

Yah I know.. I'm a bit late on this one. Still made you look though.