• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

N.Y. theater pulls trailer for ‘United 93’ - MSNBC.com - 4/4/06

United 93 is the film by writer-director Paul Greengrass which tells the story of the passengers and crew, their families and the flight controllers who watched United Airlines Flight 93 became the fourth hijacked plane on Sept. 11, 2001. Viewers complained that promo for 9/11-based film was too upsetting.

Full Story at http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12151701/

NEW YORK - A New York City movie theater has pulled the trailer for “United 93,” which chronicles in real time the hijacked United Airlines flight that crashed in Western Pennsylvania on Sept. 11.

The AMC Loews Lincoln Square 12 theater in Manhattan said it made the decision after viewers complained they found it too upsetting.

“I don’t think people are ready for this,” theater manager Kevin Adjodha said.

“One lady was crying,” Adjodha told Newsweek. “She was saying that we shouldn’t have played the trailer. That this was wrong.”

Universal Studios in Los Angeles, meanwhile, said it would go ahead with plans to show the trailer for the thriller, which is scheduled to open in theaters on April 28.

Adam Fogelson, Universal’s president of marketing, said the trailer would be shown only before R-rated movies or “grown-up” PG-13 ones.
    “The film is not sanitized or softened, it’s an honest and real look” at the events of Flight 93, Fogelson told The New York Times in Tuesday editions. “If I sanitized the trailer beyond what’s there, am I suggesting that the experience will be less real than what the movie itself is? We as a company feel comfortable that it is a responsible and fair way to show what’s coming.”

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: N.Y. theater pulls trailer for ‘United 93’ - MSNBC.com - 4/4/06

I heard on the news yesterday that the families of the victims are okay with this, I believe they appear at the end of the film to say who their families were. I know it is upsetting and for some it may be too soon to have something like this shown but I guess if the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 can handle it, so should we, right? I watched that one Flight 93 movie on A&E or was it Bravo? I dunno...both of their logos look the same to me and that movie was pretty intense too, but if the families are okay with, so can I.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    United 93 is the film by writer-director Paul Greengrass which tells the story of the passengers and crew, their families and the flight controllers who watched United Airlines Flight 93 became the fourth hijacked plane on Sept. 11, 2001. Viewers complained that promo for 9/11-based film was too upsetting.
    It's upsetting for them to watch a very heroic story about people who stood up for our country? I'd watch the film a million times over, honestly!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I have seen the trailer, and I agree that it is very upsetting. I probably won't see the film. 9/11 affected everyone differently, so I don't think we can judge anyone for their reactions when the tragedy is still so recent.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

I agree that a heroic memorial is something to be respected, but I personally will not be in the audience for this film. It's too soon for me and it bothers me that Hollywood is just so anxious to cash in on one of the country's most horrific tragedies. It seems so Grand Guignol in the guise of an "important" film.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

From those viewpoints I do agree. Unfortunately Hollywood has been cashing in on it since that dark day in September. I mean History Channel, A&E, etc. have made so many 9/11 based documenteries for television and air them ALL THE TIME to the point that it is like, when will you give it a break?

But there is a memorial being built for the passengers in the Pennsylvania field that the plane crashed into. Hopefully much of the proceeds of the film will go into building that.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

This is just the beginning, wait until Oliver Stone's film opens
    http://www.wtcmovie.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

A documentary is one thing, but a film on the big screen is totally different. Personally, the whole day was so terrible, I don't ever want to relive it. I couldn't even imagine if I had been in Manhattan, or lost someone in the attacks.

Maybe if the events of the day hadn't unfolded on TV, I might feel differently. But when you have seen and lived through the real thing, why on earth would you want to see it reenacted for entertainment and financial gain?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't think you can ever do a movie that is real and not have people be upset with it in some fashion. Look at Downfall, it's wasn't exactly well recieved but is considered very factual and it has been over sixty years since World War II. What I'm hoping is that United 93 is very real. What I enjoyed about A&E's Flight 93 was that everybody, hero or terrorist, was still presented as human and I feel made the heroism so much more apparent.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I think some people need to relive it- the peace at any cost, wanna pretend terrorists don't exist people need to be slapped in the face with it.

• Original Mice-Chatter

And I know why people want this pulled- because it's an election year and there are those working so hard to convince the American people that WE are the problem, that we are NOT at war- they do not want people to see this movie and remember. Remember what that day was like, remember the pain- remember that moment of clarity that these people want us dead. They declared war on us-and it has NOT ended.

Don't want people to remember THAT in an election year- noooo.....then they might remember how weak a certain political party is on defense.

People should see this movie. Maybe it will wake up the slumbering people again. The people who cling to being comfortable and complacent even if it costs them their freedom or their lives.

Flight 93