Thread: Cars Premiere

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Cars Premiere

I Just received my Cars World Premiere tickets Monday. Along with my four tickets was a letter with "some easy reminders to help make this once-in-a-lifetime event enjoyable, comfortable and safe." The reminder that got my attention the most was the one stating that no cameras will be allowed into the event. Ugh! What if I run into John Lassetter or Bob Iger and want my picture taken with them? This is very upsetting.

The other thing that is upsetting is there were nothing else with my tickets. When I first ordered them, there was a message saying the tickets would be mailed sometime in the future because Pixar was gathering goodies to send with them. No such goodies yet. Oh well, maybe later? Or am I dreaming?

If anyone has an idea on how to get a camera into this event, please let me know. I just want personal shots. I won't sell them or anything. Maybe I can get a job at a newspaper for a day so I can get press clearance. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: Cars Premiere

Does your cell phone have a camera on it?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

All Disney screenings here in Southern California come equipped with private security guards, metal detectors, night vision glasses and a camera check-in table (returned upon exiting theatre). This is to help prevent and discourage piracy and their prized product from being badly reproduced. Most of the premieres here have also featured versions of this, my first encounter with this was with 'Evita' at the Shrine Auditorium.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Thanks for the info ALIASd. I guess there will be no pictures taken by me. I understand their fear of getting info out, but it is sad that I can't take any pictures. I scrapbook and already bought some cool racing car paper just for this event.

OoogieBoogie, I do not have a cell phone camera. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a cell phone. My husband uses one at work, but it is not a camera. In the letter they mentioned that you cannot bring in a camera cell phone either. Rats!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Concerts, yes.
    Priemers? Sorry, like Alias said, thigs are a lot tighter there and I don't think any of my tips would work
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

"Cars" was a great movie! I got a chance to see it in March. Read the story on my site at: http://www.socalthrills.com/chat/showthread.php?t=30!
    The producers were there to answer questions and speak to the delagates. There is also a video of the Disney Party after the movie.

Look on the bright side- you got tickets to the world premiere to Cars. That alone has me jealous!

I am very excited to go. Don't let my complaining fool you. It is that I am really into scrapbooking for all the Disney things we do, and this would be cool to add in the book. I guess what I will end up doing is copying photos that other people were able to take. My husband suggested I get a disposable camera since they are plastic and will not set off any alarms. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

The tickets were real easy to get and cheap too! I just went to Lowes homepage and got them from their site. They are only $10 each. I found a hotel room by the airport for cheap and rented a car for cheap as well. Now I just hope we have good weather for it since it will be outside.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

It won't be picked up by the detector but if they go through your purse, they might find it. One of the tricks is to make a false bottom purse.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...